Chapter 1

Moving to Forks to stay with my Aunt seemed like the logical thing to do. My father had an affair that I couldn't forgive him for but my mother sure did. It caused plenty of turbulence in our home and even with my older sister who no longer lived with us.

My Aunt Olivia Ash was only about ten years older than me. She'd been a bit of a surprise to my fathers parents. My dad was the oldest of four and they'd intended to stop after my Uncle Jason who was number three. When I called her and asked if I could come stay with her she was happy to have me. She didn't agree with what my father had done either so she understood my anger with the man.

She'd moved from Seattle to Forks when she finished college a few years ago to teach high school English. She loved the small town even though it rained damn near every day. She had a small three bedroom house but since it was just her it was plenty big enough. She'd been married once, but he had passed away just before she moved. It left her heartbroken and in need of a change.

As I drove from Seattle up to Forks, I wondered what the small town was like. Olivia had told me all about it but I wasn't sure how much had been fabricated to convince me to come stay with her. It had come down to her and my older sister in northern California. Forks seemed like the calmer option.

It took me about four hours to make the trip. My aunt's house was easy enough to find. She lived just two turns off Main Street. I pulled into the driveway and parked next to her silver car.

She was waiting on the porch since the rain had let up for a minute.

"Davina, my favorite niece," she said.

"Hi Olivia," I said. She ran over and hugged me before helping me grab a few bags. I didn't bring anything but my clothes and makeup. She had the room redone when I asked to move in.

"I have to work tomorrow so I'll do breakfast and dinner. There's stuff for lunch too. I was thinking the diner for dinner tonight."

"Sounds great," I said. We'd ate there the last time I visited and the food was pretty good.

She led me upstairs to the room she was going to let me stay in. It was white with baby blue bedding and curtains. There was a small vanity in one corner and a closet next to the bed.

"It's perfect," I said. "Thank you."

"Thank you for coming to stay with me," she said.

"Like I could stay in that house with my father."

She nodded. She seemed to understand my side of the situation.

"Davina," she said. I turned to face her. "He's a good man."

"Who made a mistake. I've heard the lines. I'm the one who saw him in bed with her though. She's my age. We went to school together."

She nodded a little. "I'll let you get settled in."

I nodded in thanks and started to unpack my bags. It didn't take long for me to get my clothes hung up and my vanity organized. I put the few books I brought with me on the only shelf in the room.

When I was pleased with the way things looked I walked down the stairs and my aunt was sitting in the living room watching MASH.

"I love you Olivia, but-." I stopped myself. It'd been one of my uncle's favorites.

"Just reminds me of him."