Paint Job.

We continued driving around, back to the Emporium. We walked in, following Pink, back to the pool tables. One of his friends came up to us and asked if we would go pick him up a sixer around the corner, handing us a 10. I scoffed playfully and took the bill following Mitch out the door.

The two of us walked inside the convenient store, noticing a pregnant women buying liquor, smoking a cigarette, while listening to what the man at the register had to say about pregnant women eating greens. We giggled and grabbed the beer, making our way to the register. "How are you two doing?" The clerk greeted us. "Pretty good..pretty good. And you?" Mitch said, keeping the conversation going trying to not seem suspicious. This was definitely his first time doing this. "Better in a couple hours when I get off." "I hear ya." The boys continued. The man scanned the beer and looked up at us.  "You two are 18 right?" He asked, his eyes peeking up at us from his glasses. "Yeah." Mitch responded. "Just graduated!" I finished for him.

"Ahhh! Headed off to college in the fall?" The old man questioned us, taking the cash from Mitch's  hands."Uhm..not sure yet. Working right now...for the city. Might go to college later, but for now it's just money in my pocket." I looked over at Mitch, holding in my laughs, realizing that's what Wooderson was telling us earlier. The man nodded, putting the sixer in and handing it to us.

"You two gonna move in together or something?" He asked motioning towards our hands. "Yeah..maybe..only if he doesn't get too annoying." I said jokingly, laughing. "Have a nice night." The clerk said, laughing along with me as we walked out.

We walked out the store and were met with three of Mitch's friends. "There you guys are!!" Mitch exclaimed. "Yeah..they just got Hirschfelder here!" Carl replied, nudging Hirschfelder. Mitch responded whining, "You owe me one man!"

"What's in the bag?" The boys asked us. "Oh just a sixer." Mitch replied, confidently making me giggle a little bit.

At this point I had my arm wrapped around Mitch's. "Wait. You two finally did it!" Tommy shouted pointing at our arms together. "Everyone has just been waiting haven't they!" I exclaimed, playfully rolling my eyes. "So..you're over at the Emporium?" Carl asked. "Yeah I guess so." I responded. "Cool, cool. Is O'Bannion over there?" Carl continued. "Yes! I hate that jerk." Mitch said, pinching the bridge of his nose. We stood there for a minute before Mitch broke the silence asking if the boys wanted to get them ack to which they eagerly responded yes.

We came up with a plan and then walked over to the Emporium.

"You hear, they're about to bust Carl in the back?" I asked Michelle who was standing near O'Bannion. "What'd you say?!" O'Bannion shouted at me. "Oh..nothing?" I responded. "No about Carl? They're busting him??" "Uh..yeah I guess so." He rushed to the back.

I went out to the front on the building to watch from afar when Mitch ran up right behind me. I smirked at him, our plan was working perfectly.  O'Bannion made his way over to Carl, paddle in hand, when he shouted at the crowd about how Carl's mom had pulled a shotgun on him earlier.

Just as he was about to swing right at Carl's ass, something started dripping on O'Bannions head. "What the fuck?" He yelled looking up to see Tommy and Hirschfelder with a bucket of paint tipping over the roof of the building. "Remember me pig?" Hirschfelder shouted while Tommy started making pig noises. All of a sudden they dumped the whole bucket of white paint all over O'Bannion. "Oh you shit heads I'm gonna get you!!" He yelled. And boy was he pissed.

The boys had gotten away which made him even more mad. He walked over to his car that was parked right by us when we pushed Mitch who was a laughing at him. "What are you looking at freshman?' He jumped into his car, covered in paint and all. "O'Bannion finally got his paint job." I told Mitch while we laughed hard with each other.

~~~

We all hopped in Pickford's car and headed to the Moontower because that's where the party was at now.