That one green day

Green gasped as she woke up

Green gasped as she woke up. It was so lonely in that dream or nightmare. She could feel it.

Bryan.

Her shoulder slumped beside her thinking about Bryan in his normal state and then his grasslike state . Was it her fault?

She stayed in bed this time, she looked up at the ceiling trying to picture the space. All she could picture was the huge tree from her dream.

"Stop the smoke from rising." She whispered still staring at the ceiling. Her eyes started to close again and she was fast asleep.

This time, she didn't dream. It was just nothing.

When Green was younger and the news reports started to spread. Green loved being around everything that was green. She would sit in front a tree in her backyard before her dad cut it.

She would make flower rings and give it to her mom and dad. It was also when Bryan was still alive, he would be in his room playing video games or studying.

Then when she was about twelve, the grass stood up instead of in a limp way. Barefooted, Green felt this weird wind guide her through the trees.

She walked in a trance like way, swaying back and front.

She stopped snapping out and looking around. She called for her mom and dad.

"Look at the green."

Green peered over at a dying dull brown tree. There was a woman there, her clothes all ripped and her hair wild. "Hello?" Green called out, "Can you help me get back home?"

"Touch the bark."

"What?" Green started to step back, creating distance from the woman.

The woman turned around, her hands touching the leaves while her other hand was being sucked in by the bark. Her eyes were white and her skin felt like it was moving.

Something was inside her.

Green backed away even more, tripping over a large root. The trees seemed to get closer and closer towards her.

"Touch the bark sweetie, it will take you to a new place." Then the woman was sucked inside the tree screaming and the trees started to hiss.

Green got up and started to run, making sure to dodge any moving tree that tried to come close to her. She started to call her mom and dad. When she saw her parents through the space of her favorite tree. She couldn't get through and she began feeling the hissing getting louder and closer.

She closed her eyes and screamed for her parents.

"Green!!!"

She heard whacking upon bark and opened her eyes seeing her dad use an axe to cut through the bark. The trees backed away and her mom grabbed her arm. Her mom's arm touched the bark, but she only winced in pain.

She was pulled through the big gap and was hugged by her parents while Bryan came running outside.

That's when the spread hit her town and it was already took late.

🌻🌻🌻🌻

Green woke up again, her room was barely lit and she couldn't see. She turned on her lamp and put her glasses back on.

She thought back to the memory and of that lady she saw. It was first time, she saw someone transform like that and so quickly. The eyes and the skin is what terrified her the most.

The wound on her mom's arm grew and they didn't know what what it was.

But it started to look a bit green now.