I see green inside you

When she didn't have to visit her brother, she would just stay home and sleep

When she didn't have to visit her brother, she would just stay home and sleep. There was really no point in school, jobs, or anything if the surroundings that you were dangerous.

Green did get up to help with anything in the house beside sleep. She would practice drawing or re-read the same page in one of her old books.

With nothing to do really, She thought back to the dream. Maybe that dream was a sign for her to get up and do something. She thought back to where that tree was located and decided to draw a map with her poor lines.

She drew out the two vacant stores near the end of the page. She made sure to put a space between them before drawing a straight line behind the store. She put the huge tree in the center and added small lines around it. She drew that same face she saw in her dream and leaned back in her chair.

She put the picture up in front of her eyes towards her lamp and smiled. She could give herself an A for effort and patience.

She paused for a bit listening to quietness in the house. It wasn't this quiet after Bryan died, but I guess after her mom lost her spark. The house was just sort of empty.

Her mom and Bryan were more of the extroverts while her and her dad were Introvert. Though her dad had to become an extrovert after mom didn't say more than a few sentences a day.

After the non-talking from Mom, She was wearing more long sleeve shirts and her eyes were started to change a certain, but Green couldn't tell what color it was. She got up to start packing.

She would visit her brother early this time.

"So you now just noticed how strange Mom's been acting?"

Green rolled her eyes snacking on her sweet and salty popcorn.

"Well I noticed for a while now, I just thought she was grieving. For you know, You!" Bryan sighed looking at his sister. His eyes were now shifted to bright blue and it made Green uncomfortable looking up at him.

"Yeah, I know. You don't know for sure if she got infected by the tree bark. I mean you like how old, ten maybe?"

Green looked at her brother with a bit of sorrow in her eyes,"I was Twelve. You supposely died before I turned fourteen."

"Oh."

Bryan held a tight lipped expression on his face, his hand on the grasslike side twitched a few times.

"If she starts swaying too much, let me know. I started studying on these things after you almost got taken by those things."

"Yeah, thanks." Green smiled at her brother, but small space in the back of her mind haunted her while looking at him.

She said her goodbyes before going back home.

Green stared her mom, waiting for any suspicious behavior. Her mom just touched her food with her fork, she didn't eat it.

Her mom's curls seemed dull and her dark complexion looked a bit pale to her. Her full lips had little to no moisture on it and she continued to move her food around. Her eyes held no light and just seemed like a endless black hole as she looked at the food.

Green tapped the plate before opening her mouth, "The food was delicious Mom." That was truth, it was the same cooking that she had growing.

Her mom didn't look up, "Thank you honey." She rose and grabbed each their plates. Green trying to see if she can find the mark or grass on her arm. Her sleeves blocking anything to be seen.

She looked over at her dad and he seemed lost in thought. He sat at the table just staring outside.

Green went back in her room and sighed. She laid in her  bed and looked up at her ceiling. She tried to imagine the stars or the planets, yet her mind went back to her mom and dad.

Are they hiding something?