PROLOGUE

Trigger Warning: mentions of the following throughout the story- assault, child abuse, rape, racism, homophobia, PTSD, depression, panic disorder, child indoctrination, insomnia, poverty, drug overdose, trafficking, murder, nonconsensual mind reading, and (temporary) canon character death.

*^None of these are in detail^ if anything is more descriptive, I will give a specific warning before it shows up <3*

These are most of the possible triggering mentions that will appear throughout this story. Each chapter will contain its own specific warnings. But know none of these chapters will be without mention of some troubling topics.

...

Coragyps Atratus (Black Vulture): Rebirth, New Beginnings

       Seldom did the Batsiblings get together to work on a singular case like this

Seldom did the Batsiblings get together to work on a singular case like this. It made Dick a little bitter that this was their most frequent form of 'sibling bonding' despite his consistent efforts. Yet, Dick tried his best to constantly move forward and be an optimist. So, any time with his siblings he'd find a way to cherish.

      There are a million things Dick regrets in his short life. Most of the biggest ones surround his siblings. There were so many times when he knows he could've been stronger, better, happier, and more supportive. He's the older brother, he's the most emotionally open; which isn't saying a lot honestly but he digresses, he's the one of them that always wanted siblings. He's the boy who begged his parents for a sibling. The one that grew up thinking he'd have younger people to teach and care for. Dick simply wanted a big family, especially after going from a massive group that he considered family to only two people. They were great, but Dick would always be an extrovert.

Dick has known his place for a long time. Batman's partner, there to even out everything that Batman himself is. Alfred's picture-perfect grandson, ignoring the number of broken chandeliers and his horrible cooking skills. Jason's personal reminder to see the family sometimes, because they do love him even when Jason doesn't believe it. Tim's crutch whenever he needed a break, usually ones that had to be forced upon him. Cassandra's model older brother, because he loves his little sister and he needs her to know that despite their rocky beginning. Damian's main most trusted g̶u̶a̶r̶d̶i̶a̶n̶, d̶a̶d̶, b̶a̶b̶a̶, brother.

      Sometimes Dick feels like he's trying to be everything at once. Sometimes Dick feels like he's nothing real at all.

...

This new sorcerer was powerful, they knew this. That's why all five of them went after them while Bruce was on the other side of Gotham. This sorcerer needed multiple people to stand a chance. Especially considering they weren't sure what they were dealing with. The magic wasn't notable. They were always interfering with people's minds or actions. Lots of the time this resulted somehow in people fighting or sobbing. No one ever felt comfortable talking about what this sorcerer had done to them. Honestly, it didn't look like it was out of fear. More out of shame, hurt, pride, and even trauma.