i just wanna be with you

"Okay, and then back to G chord

"Okay, and then back to G chord." Jacob says.

"Holy shit this is impossible." I set the guitar on the table.

"You can do it!" Kevin says. "Keeho any advice? I remember you struggling when you started guitar."

"I never struggled." Keeho says. "And I don't have advice, I like to give up when things are hard."

"Don't give up," Jacob says. "I sucked when I started."

"Jia." Keeho says suddenly and puts his phone down. "Is it true? What everyone's saying?"

"Keeho!" Lua shouts at him and jabs her pencil at his arm.

"What? I'm just asking." He says.

"Well she might not want to talk about it." Jacob says.

"It's fine." I tell him. "It's true."

"Damnn." Kevin says.

"What was it like? The drugs I mean." Keeho asks.

"Fun."

"Really?"

"No."

"I think it's bullshit." Lua says. "How in the hell could people possibly spin it to insult you when you were the one that nearly died??"

"People are weird." I shrug.

"How are you so chill about that?" Kevin asks. "It makes me mad, it even makes Jacob mad."

"I'm nearing a million followers on instagram." I say. "I've seen worse."

"Well I'm sorry it happened, anyways. And I'm sorry that kids at our school suck." Lua says.

"Yeah, if you need to talk to anybody we're here. And... we have no other friends so you can be assured that we'll keep secrets." Kevin grins.

"Thanks." I say.

"oh shoot!" Jacob says. "Jia we gotta go."

"Hm? What time is it?" I ask.

"It's almost 6, we have to get there in time for it to be dark and that all the good fireflies will still be there." Jacob springs out of his seat. "You can stay here I have to get my backpack from my locker."

"Sure." I say and he scurries out of the room.

The quietest tsk escapes from my lips but Lua snaps her head up.

"Between us," she says, and Keeho and Kevin eavesdrop. "I hate Nayoung."

"Oh, really?" I ask as if it's a foreign concept.

"You don't have to act like you don't know." Keeho says. "She's a bitch that leads Jacob on."

"Yeah why are you helping him anyways? I thought you- i-I mean I thought you knew how awful Nayoung is." Kevin says.