Ghost train

Tossing and turning closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep when suddenly the loud whistle of a train made me jump so high like I was a kangaroo. After I had recovered from my shock, I crept to the window and peeked my head out seeing if the train was still there. I could clearly hear the sound of whistling and train tracks, however all I could see was the clear night sky decorated with stars and a crescent moon. Confused, surprised, scared, my head was all over the place, I didn't know what to think. Against my own will, there was a quiet voice in my head telling me that I should go check it out. After all, the only impossible journey is the one you never start. Carefully I slinked down the stairs and prayed to the stair gods that the last one wouldn't creak. Obviously my prayers didn't work as the last stair creaked like there was no tomorrow. Listening for footsteps I breathed a sigh of relief when nothing was heard. Before I left the house, I quickly scribbled a note that read "I am at the railroad" and left it on the kitchen table.

As I reached the railroad I was in time as I heard the distant whistle of a train. No more than two minutes later the train rushed past. I felt the breeze as the train raced past, I could smell the smoke coming from the chimney, I heard the sound of the train tracks clanking on the railroad, but I couldn't see any part of it. After the train had zoomed past, it had left my mind in a jumble, was I delusional, was I hallucinating?

-just a short piece from one of my original stories
Should I add a part 2?
- JJ