Part-23

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan broke the kiss and gulped softly looking at her. She had her eyes closed and lips parted. It was tempting for him to take her lips again but he stopped himself.

He quickly opened his blazer and wrapped it around her making her open her eyes and look at him.

"I am sorry...." He whispered almost to himself and avoided her eyes.

It was not their first kiss. They had done it once before but still something between them had still not aggravated to the extent where they were physically intimate.

She blushed and looked away and he looked here and there not knowing what to say.

"Should we go back?" He asked clearing his throat.

She nodded a little without meeting his eyes and they started to walk back in the pouring rain.

They were not so awkward after their first kiss. It was a different circumstance than this.

"Umm we didn't have dinner....you wanna have something?" He pointed at a cafe.

"Okay...." She muttered and they walked to the cafe.

It was a small cosy cafe. They took a corner table and ordered some pasta.

They had their food in silence and then walked back to where they were staying.

He walked till her room and she stood at the door before entering the room.

"Umm....meenu di has shifted with madhu di....i think she thinks we both...." She stopped looking here and there.

"You....are you....umm will you be scared?" He asked slowly.

She nodded a little.

"You want me to stay?" He asked softly and she nodded again.

For the first time he was not teasing her nor was fighting with her.

"Okay I'll change and come...." He said softly. "You also change....you will catch a cold...."

She nodded again and went inside the room. He chuckled softly.

As much as she tries to portray herself as a tigress,she is an innocent kid at heart , who gets shy at the slightest thing. As much as she is bold and territorial , she is a soft person at heart.

He chuckled at his thought and went to his room.

Teja changed into her hoodie and track pants and heard a knock. It must be him.

She quickly kept the towel away with which she was wiping her wet hair and opened the door. He was standing in his wet clothes and was holding his fresh clothes and the towel in his hand.

"Woh Bharat is using the washroom so i thought...." He stopped midway and she moved away gesturing him to come inside.

He went inside and she locked the door.

"Umm you use the washroom...." She said softly and he nodded and went to the washroom.

He came out in sometime wearing his T-shirt and tracks , his wet messy hair falling on his forehead.

"Your blazer...." She gave the blazer to him as he kept his wet changed clothes on the centre table.

He smiled and took it from her and dumped it over the other clothes.

"So...." He said rubbing his palm together.

"I have my flight tomorrow....at night...." She said looking at him.

"Uncle aunty are going to chicago with Pra right?" He asked softly.

"Yeah....and you are staying back with your family...." She muttered.

He nodded.

He had booked his return tickets after some days because he wanted to spend some time with his family in Tampa. While coming he had no idea that they would grow so close , that their families would fix their marriage and rhat they both will agree. They had known each other for a few months and all they had done till they came to Tampa was fight with each other and trouble each other but the last few days had changed everything. He didn't want to let her go alone. He had no idea how he would stay without seeing her.

She felt a sinking feeling. His tickets were booked almost two weeks later. She didn't like the idea at all.

"You take the left side...." He said softly gesturing at the bed and she looked at him immediately.

"Why?" She asked frowning.

"Just...." He shrugged. "We can alternate it....one day i will take the left side one day you take...."

"You are getting better...." She said smiling softly and was about to go to bed when he held her hand and pulled her to himself.

She bumped into his chest and looked at him with wide eyes.

He held her shoulder with one hand and held her waist with the other not breaking eye contact with her and slowly caressed his way down her arms.

She closed her eyes taking in a sharp breath.

He entwined their fingers when he reached her palm and kissed her forehead.

"Good night....lay down....i will switch off the lights...." He whispered in her ear.

"Is this also on alternate days?switching off lights?" She asked innocently.

"Hmm....the one who gets the left side of the bed doesn't have to do any work....works fine?" He asked softly and she smiled widely.

He left her and went to switch off the lights as she laid down on the bed. He laid down beside her and saw her keeping a morning alarm.

"What's the hurry to wake up so early?" He frowned while laying down beside her.

"There is a temple nearby....i am going there tomorrow...." She said keeping the phone away.

"Should i come?" He asked immediately.

"You want to?" She asked softly.

He nodded.

"Okay then...." She smiled softly and tried to hide the happiness from her face.

"Are the others also coming?" He asked slowly.

"I don't know....i didn't ask anyone...." She said looking at him.

"Don't ask....if they have to come they will come on their own....we can also go alone...." He said looking at the ceiling.

"Hmm...." She hummed softly and pulled the blanket over herself.

"Good night...." He whispered with his eyes closed.

"Good night...." She said looking at his face , her cheeks already red with the soft blush.