Part-28

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan came to her vanity after his shoot was done and she was still giving her last shot. He made himself comfortable on the couch and started to have the chips that she had kept for herself. By now both their teams were habituated with each other's presence in the other's vanity after their shoot.

Teja's parents had come back a few days back and Karan's family had come last night. Karan was supposed to pick Teja up and go to his house where both their families were waiting for them.

"Why do you think you are having my lays Karan?" She came inside and frowned at him.

He shrugged and threw the empty packet into the bin. She made a frustrated face and went to change.

She was done with this guy. Literally done. It has been quite a few days that karwa chauth was done. She had confessed her love for him. Not once but twice. Once by mistake in Tampa and then on Karwa Chauth. And he has been so no chalant about it.

She had thought he would do something to make her feel special. Do something sweet to confess. But no. Nothing. And as days passed it irked her more.

He had taken her to his place , they had gone for dinners and coffee dates. But nothing.

She sighed and changed and came out. By then Karan was having the chaklis from her tiffin box. She wanted to break either his head or his teeth.

"If you are done eating all my food then can we go?" She asked in irritation.

"Sure...." He said with his mouth stuffed with chaklis and got up. He took the packet of oreo from her dressing table and walked out.

"Such a...." She huffed angrily and followed him and he chuckled silently. He knew she was getting riled up.

He drove her to his place and they went inside to see everyone gathered there. She quickly touched his parent's feet and sat with everyone.

"Beta we have something important to discuss with you...." His father looked at both of them.

"Haan papa?" He replied while scrolling through his phone.

"Sunny leave your phone...." His mother strictly and he kept his phone aside obediently.

"We gave your kundlis to the panditji...." His father said looking at them.

Karan looked at Teja and she was looking at his father with a blank expression.

"He said the best muhurat for your marriage is after 3 months...." He added looking at them.

Teja gasped and Karan chuckled a bit.

"What?" His mother frowned at him.

"No i thought all these only happens in daily soaps....it happened it one of my shows also to get the leads married quickly...." He laughed and Teja also started to chuckle.

"Shut up Sunny....you think yeh joke hai?" Poonam scolded him and stopped laughing.

"But the problem is itni jaldi itne saare preparations kaise hoga?" His mother said with worry and Karan started to laugh again.

"What?" His mother asked him in irritation.

"Nahi show mein bhi meri maa ne same baat boli thi....itni jaldi itne saare preparations kaise hoga...." He said still laughing and Teja also giggled.

He raised his hand and she gave him a high five.

"Tum dono thoda serious hoge?we all are worried here...." Teja's mother rolled her eyes and they stopped laughing immediately.

"Okay everyone calm down...." Her father said finally trying to control the chaos. "First things first....are you two okay getting married to each other this soon?" He asked looking at both of them. "We need to ask that first before freaking out how to do the preparations...."

Karan looked at Teja who was looking at their parents without any expression.

"Sunny?Teju?are you two okay?" His mother asked lovingly.

"Yeah...." He shrugged. "Mujhe kya?3 mahine baad yaa 3 saal baad....zindagi toh gayi...."

Teja looked at him angrily.

"Mujhe nahi karni isse shaadi...." She said in irritation.

"Acchhaa?should i tell everyone what you said in Tampa and that day?" He smirked. "On karwa chauth...." He whispered raising his brows and she hit him on his arm and he yelped in pain.

"Mooh bandh rakhna samjha?" She whispered yelled at him.

"What did she say?" Her mother frowned in confusion.

"Aunty she...." Before he could say anything she covered his mouth with her palm.

"Nothing mumma....yeah yeah 3 months is fine...." She said hastily trying to shut him up.

"So we need to fix a roka and engagement...." Poonam said trying to be the sane person in the middle of the chaos.

"We can do it next sunday....we can arrange everything in 10 days....kyun Prakash?" His father asked her father.

"Haan absolutely...." Her father said happily.

"Engagement?" Teja frowned at them. "Papa uncle then we have to tell everyone....as in everyone will come to know....we won't be able to hide it...."

"Haan toh bolna toh hoga hi shaadi jab hogi....you two release a joint statement saying you are engaged...." His mother said lovingly.

She nodded and looked at him.

"We will keep it low key....atleast the engagement....just family and very close friends....we should avoid industry friends...." Karan said looking at her.

"Excuse me....no....i will call my industry friends....there are hardly a few but they are close...." She snapped at him.

"I need to meet them....how did they manage to be your friend pata nahi...." He shrugged casually and she hit him with a cushion.

"Yeh aise maaregi mujhe shaadi ke baad?" He asked looking at their parents.

"Worse than this...." She scoffed.

"And the wedding where?" Meenu asked.

"Low key...." Teja said.

"Destination in Jaipur...." Karan said in unison.

"No....please....no jhama...." Teja whined.

"Shut up....full jhama...." Karan said happily.

"Okay okay....we will do a jaipur wedding...." Her mother said lovingly.

"Thanks aunty....you are the best...." He gave her a flying kiss and she chuckled.

Teja made a face and stayed quiet.

They started to discuss the venue of the engagement and Teja got up to go to the washroom.

He saw her getting up and quietly went behind her.

"So?" He asked with a smirk as they went out if everyone's audible range.

"So?" She frowned looking at him.

"You are getting married to your childhood love....excited?" He asked teasingly.

"Shut up you are not my childhood love...." She said gritting her teeth.

"Oh sure...." He chuckled. "You loved the person who wrote the poems....and you said you love me...." He smirked leaning on the wall.

She glared at him and went to the washroom and banged the door shut making him chuckle and shake his head at her cuteness.

NOTE : Thanks to aayatkitarahx for the suggestions of this chapter as well as the upcoming ones. Love you. ❤️