𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: distance

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍:

Why did he come?

He instantly felt regret as they parked the car by the boardwalk. Nami truly followed through with her beach plan, making this a "double date." Luffy climbed out and shut the car door, Zoro locked it with his key. Nami said they're meeting up at the boardwalk, first, they're going to swim at the beach, then they're going to eat and get drunk at the boardwalk.

That would sound like the most perfect day, a fun time with his friends, and getting out of the house. But the key factor that ruins this whole day is that Law is going to be there the whole time, as Nami's boyfriend. Although it's been a few months since he found out, it's still a bitter taste in his mouth thinking about it.

It's become more tolerable seeing them together though, doesn't mean it still doesn't sting. Luffy carried his backpack while Zoro was holding their other essentials. Luffy doesn't even know what to call their "relationship" because they never really established anything. It's kind of weird because do that, they've been hanging out recently.

Just the two of them, but there's tension. It's like they fuck, but they're not dating? It's confusing for Luffy because even though him and Zoro are now closer than friends, he still doesn't feel like they're interested in each other. He doesn't feel that romantic thrill with Zoro.

Zoro is just a guy that's passing the time by.

However, Luffy can't read Zoro's mind. He often wondered how Zoro felt about him. Was their weird sex relationship important to him, or the same as Luffy where they're just passing the time? Two bored people just wanting to have fun.

"We're over here!"

They walked over to Nami who had set up their spot. Two umbrellas, some beach blankets, and a cooler full of drinks. Luffy wore red swim trunks with a gray hoodie on, and Zoro wore green ones and a white Nike visor. Nami wore an orange two-piece bikini, every male on the beach practically drooling over her as usual.

Luffy dropped his stuff down on the beach towels, "Where's Law?"

"He's grabbing the rest of the stuff—Oh he's right there!" She pointed.

He turned and his eyes widened.

Law was wearing black swim trunks, his big muscular arms carrying another huge cooler over his shoulder and the other arm holding a surfboard. It was a sight to see, Luffy felt like passing out from the heat, not from the sun. His tattoos were amazing, they gave off such a mysterious dark vibe.

"You guys came." Law grinned, "It's nice to see you again Luffy."

He felt a small blush rise to his cheeks, "It's nice to see you again too..."

Law turned to Zoro, "Nice to meet you too."

"Zoro, I'm with Luffy."

Luffy then froze, what the fuck did he just say?! He turned to Zoro, giving him a panicked look. Like a "what's wrong with you?" or "what the hell?" There are many different ways that phrase can be interrupted, with meaning dating or with meaning coming along with him. It's confusing but understandable.

"Oh..." Law spoke, "You two are together?"

"No!" Luffy shouted perhaps a little too loud and quick, "N-No, I mean... We-We're just friends."

"I see."

Nami screamed, "Come on guys! Get in the ocean!"

***

It was sunset, the clouds were like pink cotton candy scattered in the sky. As orange streaks stretched across the horizon, the air was warm but had a soft wind occasionally. Surprisingly the day had been nice and steady. Luffy actually quite enjoyed it. He's thankful that Law and Nami aren't thought public lovely dovey couples that can't keep their hands off each other. But they're chill, it's been chill.