𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: artist

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍:
artist

Law is an artist.

He also loved bodies. Not in the sexual kind of way (sort of) but he loved drawing anatomy such as hearts, eyes, and the list goes on. He never would've thought drawing on people's bodies could be such fun. Lately, the time he's spent with Luffy has been making him feel lightly weighed inside.

He couldn't describe it, whenever he was with him life just felt a little lighter. Like if he was in a crowd of people, the sight of Luffy would make him all relaxed and safe. Things are just way easier with him, platonically... of course.

As a kid, Law's parents were there but just from a distance. Always performing some kind of medical surgery across the world where they bring Law to tag along. Not necessarily tag along, but make him stay put in the hotel. Throughout his life, he's been raised by maids or his aunts. Even then their love cannot fill the empty one he wished his parents gave him.

However Law doesn't resent his parents for being absent, he just feels lonely at times. Like it could even be when he's just making coffee in the morning, he gets that deep cold sinking feeling of loneliness. Wishing for warmth to hug him, a hand he could hold.

"Law." Nami came up from behind and held onto his arm, "Breakfast is ready."

He smiled, "Okay, I'll be right there."

Her touch was cold.

***

"Here are the designs we'll be doing today." Law laid the sketches on the desk.

"Wow, and you can draw all of these exactly like the image?" Luffy gazed.

He blushed, "Yeah, I have a steady hand. Been drawing since I was a kid..."

"That's so cool!"

"Which one do you want to do first?"

"Hm..." He scanned the images, "How about this one."

He pointed to the wrist snake tattoo, it was small. Nothing too big, but it sure was beautiful and had great detail. That would be simple enough to do, Law grabbed his pen as Luffy rolled up his sleeve. He began lightly tracing his skin. Small goosebumps traveled up his arm from the cold tip of the pen.

As Law drew, he paid attention to Luffy. His soft tan skin, surprisingly small wrists, and how warm his touch was.

Very warm, like a soft campfire on a cold winter day.

Like a touch, Law has searched for his whole life. He rarely comes across such a warm person like Luffy, it was strange. He was different from the others, he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Luffy was awed in amazement as Law quickly finished the tattoo.

The tattoos weren't permanent of course, it was just to take photos of, wash off, and advertise. However, Luffy has been considering getting one if he was being honest. Tattoos always seemed beautiful, works of art stained on skin. Like a scar, they're permanent and tell a story. The tattoo he'd get would be small though, nothing big that stands out. Perhaps on his back or waist where not many people could see.

"Whoa, this is amazing." Luffy smiled at his wrist as he lifted it up to the light.

"Hold still, I need to take a photo."

Luffy extended his wrist out as Law hovered the camera lens above it. He snapped a photo and put it back down, now he'll move on to the next design. He stroked the pen against his skin, Luffy flinching a little from the small tickle it gave him every time the brush made contact. It was a peaceful quiet, it was silent between the two. But it wasn't awkward, it was honestly comforting.