𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: words

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍:
words

FEW MONTHS LATER

Being with Zoro was difficult. It's been one whole year since they got together.

Luffy had always known what a horrible temper Zoro has, his possessive behavior. But if he's being honest, it never bothered him. Never is a strong word, the better term is immune. He was immune to this treatment, he was used to it. It was a daily routine to him that he just has to get over.

Besides, he does know that Zoro truly doesn't mean it.

That may sound like an excuse but it actually is true. He always realizes what he has done and makes up for it by buying him anything Luffy has ever wanted. And it does make up for it, and Zoro isn't like that all the time. Majority of the time he's normal, it's just those little fleeting moments that happen occasionally.

It's no big deal.

The farthest Zoro would go in hurting Luffy is a simple grab, nothing life-threatening. Everything was fine, Luffy had everything under control. He had hoped so...

"I'll be staying with my Dad in California for a while, he hasn't been feeling good and his condition has been getting worse," Zoro spoke as they ate dinner.

"Oh, are you going to be okay? You're going by yourself, aren't you? What about work?" Luffy asked.

"It's fine, sheriff understands. It'll only be around a month or two." He sighed, "I just.. don't want to leave you."

He softly held Luffy's hand, "I don't want you to leave either."

People must be thinking what Luffy had said was a lie, but it wasn't. Luffy didn't want him to leave actually. He liked Zoro's company, and not only how good he was in bed, but talking to someone. He liked ranting to Zoro about all his problems, waking up next to him, and just having small talks like this with coffee.

It was the small things that made a big difference.

"I guess I'll stay at my brother's now, I think it'll get quite lonely if I stay in your empty house." Luffy suggested, "I'll still come back though once a week to clean up and make sure nothing dusts."

"That'll be great, thank you." Zoro nodded.

Luffy got up to put his mug in the sink until he felt a hand grab onto his.

"I'll miss you so much."

Luffy gave a small smile, "I'll miss you more."

***

Law and Luffy were out on their occasional lunch breaks, wandering the park. It was autumn time again, meaning pumpkin spice lattes, orange leaves, and the smell of the harvest. Like every other get-together they had, it was nice. Luffy again liked these small moments, even if they will soon vanish from his memory in a few years. The feeling will still remain.

Luffy spoke, "Zoro is leaving."

Law turned to him, "What do you mean?"

"He'll be staying in California to take care of his father since he's sick."

"Will you be okay?"