Bonus Chapter 05 | Date nights

Isabella:

15 years later

"Lucas," I tug on my husband's arm, trying to prise him away from fawning over our child. "Let them be."

"I will not," Lucas grumbles, narrowing his eyes and pointing an accusatory finger at Aidan and Grace's 4 year old. "Stay. Away. From. My. Daughter."

"Lucas," I sigh exasperatedly, "you can't threaten a toddler!"

"I can and I will." Lucas crosses his arms across his chest. "Enzo keeps trying to hold hands with May!" A horrified expression crosses his face. "She's too young to have a boyfriend!"

"They're children! They're just playing." Shaking my head, I tug on his arm again. "C'mon, we need to leave now or we'll be late to our reservation."

Lucas glances at me with a pained expression. "But...my baby. I don't want to leave her."

I raise an eyebrow. "You're the one who wanted Aidan and Gracie to babysit her so we could go out on a date."

"Yeah, but that was before." He gestures to our daughter who has completely forgotten about Lucas and I and is preoccupied with showing her new doll to Enzo. "Look at her, she doesn't want to leave me, she's practically begging me to stay."

"Really?" I point to our daughter, "she doesn't even care that you're here."

"Yes she does."

I let out another sigh. "Let's ask May what she would prefer then, okay?" Crouching down, I catch my daughter's attention. "May, sweetheart, do you wanna hang out with daddy tonight or Enzo?"

There is no hesitation before the 3 year old bursts out with an excited, "Enzo!"

I throw a pointed look at Lucas.

He frowns. "I'll go to the car."

+

"You said we'd be late," Lucas grumbles as we end up pulling up in front of the restaurant 45 minutes before our reservation time.

"I thought there would be traffic," I shrug, unbuckling my seatbelt and turning to face him. "Look it's alright, there are some shops down there," I point outside the window behind his head to the row of stores, "we can just go in to kill some time."

I unlock the door and attempt to step out the car but before I can even get a foot out, Lucas immediately rushes over to my side to grab my hand and help me out. I thank him whilst he closes the door behind me, straightening the skirt of my dress.

Both Lucas and I are dressed pretty formally seeing as our evening dinner is at a fancyish restaurant. I'm wearing a long black, satin slip dress with a low scoop back which I paired with gold jewellery and black heels with gold straps. My long hair is curled and thrown into a half up half down hairdo. Lucas is matching in his black dress pants and white button up. His dark hair is ruffled with product to give it that effortless wavy look and his face is clean shaven.

"I sort of miss your stubble," I say to Lucas and we walk up the pavement hand in hand. Usually Lucas preferred a clean face but over the last week he'd let his stubble grow and it was something I quite liked on him.

Lucas raises an eyebrow. "Really?"

I nod. "Yeah, I liked how it felt."

"Liked how it felt where?" The corner of his lips tip up into a mischievous smile and he leans his head closer to mine. "Between your thighs?"

"Lucas," I feel my cheeks heaten as I swat his chest with the back of my hand. "We're in public."

"So is that a yes?" Lucas continues, his grin only growing. "Because if it is, you know I won't shave it off next time."