Chapter 9

𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙼𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏𝚋𝚢𝙱𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝙸𝚍𝚘𝚕

𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙼𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏
𝚋𝚢
𝙱𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝙸𝚍𝚘𝚕

❀✿❀♡❀✿❀

Hopper pulled up at the town hall as the three stormed into Larry's office. "Is he in?" Hop asked his receptionist Candice.

"Yeah. But he's busy at the moment-"

"Great!" Hop smiled sarcastically storming into his office Joyce and Jess waiting outside.

"You might wanna sit down." Joyce says to Candice as Jess lies down on the cushioned bench.

"Excuse me, kindly refrain from putting your crappy shoes all over the seat." Candice sighed at Jess as Jess smirked to herself watching Candice's reaction as she purposely lifted her feet up placing them on the cushioned part of the seat.

A groan of pain came from the office as Joyce and Jess smiled at each other as Candice rushed to try and get the door open but Jess got there before her standing infront of her blocking the door. "Where you going?!" Jess smirks.

Candice rushes to the phone picking it up but as she goes to dial Joyce quickly plugs the plug instantly disconnecting it. "Who you calling the police?" Joyce raises her eyebrows at her as Candice hesitantly sits back down.

Jess put her headphones on and played her walkman quietly singing the words to 'Dancing With Myself' to herself, still hearing the groans of pain from Larry inside his office. After a while Hop knocked on the door as Jess stepped away from the door as Hop dragged Larry out with a bloody nose.

"Larry?"

"He just bumped his head. Just a little boo-boo, right, Lar?" He pushed Larry out the day, followed by Joyce.

"Oh and don't forget to have a wonderful day." Jess stated dramatically whilst smirking closing the door behind her. Jess ran outside catching up with everyone. "Oh you've got to be kidding me!" Jess sighed as she got in the back having to sit next to Larry. "Joyce you couldn't have sat in the back here with me?!"

"Sorry love."

"Jess, come on, we know each other-"

"Don't even try and talk to me!" Jess warned putting her headphones back on before they got to Larry's house. "Well fuck me this is some house you got here Larry." Jess slapped Larry on the back, purposely with more force.

"Oww!"

"Oh I'm sorry did I touch you inappropriately, sucks doesn't it?"

"What are you on about?!"

"Come on Lar, you know what I'm talking about?! Well let me make it easier for your little brain, how many receptionist of yours have you slept with? And how many of those did you just hire because of their looks, cause I'm telling you Candice is a pretty shit receptionist. So you couldn't have hired her for her talent, cause I don't see any."

"How do you know all this stuff?" Hopper sighed.

"Just because I may not be like any other women in this town doesn't mean I'm still not told all the gossip and rumours that go around. Now I wonder what rich people have in their kitchen?"

"You touch the box of chocolates you're dead. They're expensive! They're for my wife's birthday." Larry shouts out to her as Hop drags him upstairs to get the records.

"Oh well now I will definitely leave them alone." Jess shouts up the stairs, full of sarcasm walking towards the kitchen with the chocolates in her eyesight, before, she could get to them someone grabbed her arm pulling her back.

"Come on!" Joyce rolled her eyes dragging her up the stairs.

"You're no fun!" Jess pouted. They walked into what could only be shown as the master bedroom as Larry walks to a distant wall to a hidden safe handing Hopper the records as Jess practically launches herself on the big bed. "Ahh some comfy bed you got here Lar!" Jess smiles.

"Your sister's deranged Jim!"

"And you've only just noticed?" Hopper mumbled loudly for everyone to hear as he looked through the records.

Joyce beside him giving Larry a slight glare for what he said. Joyce glanced at the records as her and Hopper went out into the hallway outside the room, overhearing everything. "Hess farm, Henry's Place, Bullocks. Look they're all here. They're all in the Southeast Hawkins, right near Jordan Lake. And what else in near Jordan Lake?" Joyce asks Hopper waiting for his answer as Jess gets up from the bed leaning against the doorway getting fed up of her brother's silence at the question.

"The power plant." Jess shrugs as they look her way, Hopper looking in slight shock. "What? is it so surprising that I know something?!"

"Exactly like Jess said. The power plant. Four nights ago, there was a huge power outage, and the next day-"

"Magnets fell, kaboom." Jess made a tiny explosion mime with her hands.

"You really need to stop reading comics." Hopper sneered.

"You really need to stop reading comics." Jess mocked Hopper in a high voice whilst crossing her arms rolling her eyes at her brother.

"Children! Anyway! Scott says that this machine would take a massive amount of power to run. So, what if this machine that we've been talking about really does exist, and the reason that we didn't find it at the lab is because it isn't at the lab it's at one of these properties." Joyce rambled Jess watching with a smile behind her.

"Told you she should come work with you." Jess smiled proudly at Hopper because of Joyce.

"And spend every day with him no thank you." Joyce joked making Jess giggle, as Hopper rolled his eyes as a noise from the bedroom caused his attention as he ran back in starting to yell at Larry.

"What's so wrong working with my brother?" Jess acted fake hurt as Joyce turned round looking up at Jess smiling giddily none stop. "My work is full of Hopper's who are 100 time worse, that's why i feel sorry for leaving Nancy there. So if you think Hopper's bad come work with me."

"And look at your face every day? Mmmmm? No thanks." Joyce smirked.

"Wow, real smooth Joyce. Cause you're definitely telling the truth." Jess chuckled walking backwards still facing Joyce as she walked back through the bedroom slowly. "I mean come on you have to admit that I'm one gorgeous- oww!' Jess accidentally walked into Hopper as he storming out this time not with Larry.

"Yeah real smooth Jess." Joyce teased her walking down the stairs.

"Hopper broke my focus!" Jess defended.

"Course he did!"