Chapter 12

𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚋𝚢𝚁𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍

𝙹𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕
𝚋𝚢
𝚁𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍

❀✿❀♡❀✿❀

"Sweetie." Joyce whispered to Jess, earlier Jess started getting tired so Joyce gave her a piggyback but Joyce's back started to hurt, she ignored it and let it be at first but now she needed a break.

"Mm?" Jess hummed in response as she leaned the side of her head against Joyce's shoulder gradually getting more and more tired.

"Do you mind if I put you down for a while? My backs starting to hurt."

"Yeah." She smiled reassuringly at her as she got off her back walking right side of her.

"I'm sorry sweetie." Joyce wrapped her arms round Jess placing a kiss on top of her head. "We'll try and get a ride, yeah?" Jess nodded against Joyce's shoulder. "Can you not walk so close to me. You stink." Joyce sighed at Hopper.

"I get it, I get it. You're upset, right?" Hopper chuckles.

"Well she has a reason, you nearly blew her up!" Jess mumbled tiredly making Joyce chuckle.

"Well, I just want to remind you of something. I am not a mechanic!" Hopper get slapping his neck as flies buzzed round him.

"Yeah clearly." Joyce scoffs. "That's why you should've listened to Alexi."

"Oh right, yeah. Your new boyfriend?" Hopper stops turning round and leaning down to face Joyce at her level.

"Hop-" Jess tried to intervene.

"No. No. You're right your new boyfriend right?" Hop chuckles at Joyce.

"Hop-"

"Yes. Cause every man I talk to has to be my boyfriend." Joyce argues back.

"Guys please can we not talk about-" Jess started feeling uncomfortable.

"Yeah he reminds me a bit of a Russian Scott Clarke." Hopper smirks.

"Jim!"

"Maybe you should go on a date. I don't know, I'm thinking like Enzo's."

"Fuck you!" Jess spat pushing Hop as she stormed by.

"Jess!" Hopper turned round in, first of all in confusion to see why Jess was running but he realised Alexi was no longer near them.

"Yeah he's running." Joyce nodded.

"Son of a bitch." Hopper groans sprinting after Jess and Alexi, Joyce following behind. Jess stopped by Alexi when he stopped by a clearing in the trees saying something in Russian.

Joyce and Hopper all caught up as they all stared at the 7 Eleven gas station. "Halle-fucking-lujah!!!" Jess sprinted ahead in desperation.

The other three ran after her as they go straight to the fridges, Joyce passing Jess a Fanta as everyone else had fizzy drinks of their own, opening them before having to pay, gulping them down.

"Fuck me that's good!" Jess sighed with happiness.

"You all gonna pay for those?" The cashier asks.

"I'm going to ring Karen to check on the kids." Joyce walks out. "Hang on, you've got Fanta all over you're mouth." Joyce chuckles cupping Jess's cheek wiping round her mouth with her thumb.

"Thanks."

"Hey don't let him get to you, he's just as tired as you instead he's being an asshole." Joyce smiled. "Right I'll call Karen. I'll be outside."

Hopper gets more stuff and goes to the counter to pay for everything and Alexi plays with the slurpee machine with Jess just standing next to him.

Hopper then grabbed hold of Alexi and dragged him outside as Jess was too distracted by the multiple choices of chocolate. Joyce was of course already outside but trying to find out what was going on with Hopper as she got into this random man's car.

"Hopper! You forgetting something?"

"What?" Joyce glared at him in shock thinking how someone could be that stupid. "Oh shit!" Hopper ran back into the shop and a moment later came back out with Jess.

Jess got in the back with Alexi as Hopper got into the drivers seat as he started blasting the music to block out the car owners questions. "Ohhhh I like the sound of that Todd! YOU'RE DOING A GREAT THING!" Hopper yelled before speeding off.

About another half an hour into the trip Jess broke the silence from the backseat sat next to Alexi. "Are we there yet!"

"I swear to god if you ask that one more time I will hit you!" Hopper pointed at Jess giving her a glare through the speed mirror.

"I can't help it I need to pee!" Jess flipped Hopper off as they let the silence settle again. "Joyce are we nearly there?"

"CHRIST!" Hopper yells.

"I wasn't asking you."

"I don't know sweetie." Silence settled again. "Hop are we nearly there?"

"That's it!" Hopper pressed the button angrily to turn the radio on turning it up loudly making Joyce, Alexi and Jess cover their ears.

"Jesus Hop."

"Sorry can't hear you!"