Chapter 11

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙸𝚜 𝙰 𝙻𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙶𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝙾𝚞𝚝𝚋𝚢𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚜

𝚋𝚢
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚜

❀✿❀♡❀✿❀

Unfortunately the car had broken down in the middle of the woods, Hopper lifted the bonnet up to see if he could fix it after wrapping Alexi's arms round a tree then handcuffing his hands once more. Jess sitting up against that tree as Joyce tried to communicate with him. "Okay, a magnet? Magnets?" Joyce held up two rocks trying to get through to him. "Do you know 'magnet'? Magnet?"

"Magnit?"

"Yes, magnit! Okay, so, uh, magnit.. on my- my fridge, my icebox, and they-" Joyce raised her arms above her dropping the rocks whilst shrugging. "They fell. They demagnetised, stopped working. Do you understand?"

"Da." Alexi nodded.

"Okay, so is that because of the machines that you're working on?"

"Machina?"

"Machine, Machina, yes." Joyce imitates a revving engine. "Machina! Machina!"

"Vroom, vroom." Alexi pointed towards the car.

"Oh, not- not the car. The machines at Hess Farm where- where we kidnapped you-"

"Joyce! Please! You're givin' me a headache, both of you." Hopper rolls his eyes at her as Joyce comes up to him. "Jess you come here aswell." Jess sighed rolling her eyes getting up off the floor and standing next to Joyce leaning her arm on her shoulder, due to being tired.

"Hey. I'm making progress!"

"Progress?"

"Yes!"

"What have you learned, huh? You learned that Smirnoff over there-"

"Alexi!" Jess and Joyce corrected in sync.

"Smirnoff is Russian and works for Starcourt, two things we already knew."

"But now we know-know." Jess nodded.

"I regret asking you over here. Go keep an eye on Smirnoff."

"Alexi! And also why do I have to watch him what his he gonna turn into the Hulk lifting the tree from the ground and run away?" Jess shrugged.

"Again you really need to stop reading comics."

"You need to get a life." Jess mumbled going back to stand next to Alexi taking her walkman out her pocket putting her Abba tape in.

"Abba." Alexi points to the tape speaking in a thick Russian accent.

"Hey we know he's cool, he's a good guy." Jess shouts out.

"Why?" Hopper's eyebrows furrow.

"He likes Abba."

"I swear to god I'm gonna murder you." Hopper mumbles just loud enough for Jess to hear. He then asks Joyce to try and start the car. The engine doesn't sound good as Joyce turns the key continuously trying to start the car.

"Hey." Alexi nudges Jess repeating the word stop.

"Huh?" Alexi keeps repeating stop starting to point at the car. "Hey love stop the car?"

"What?" Joyce calls out.

"Stop the car!" Jess yells at Joyce also Alexi yelling stop aswell.

"Will you two give it a rest?!" Hopper storms up to them.

"But Hop-" Jess was interrupted by the sound of high pitched squealing coming from the engine.

"Oh Jesus!" Joyce shrieked scrambling out of the car as quick as she could before the engine bursts into flames.

"Stop." Alexi repeated one last time to Hopper.

"Such a dipshit it's unbelievable!" Jess sighed at her brother as she rushed over to Joyce sitting on the ground. "You okay?" She kneels down to her level cupping her face checking for any possible injuries.

"I'm fine." Joyce chuckles standing up. "I'm more worried about you."

"I wasn't just in a car that nearly exploded with me in it."

"I know but we've just been shot at, I don't want you to get hurt. I feel the need to protect you."

"Joyce I'm fine. I'm not gonna get hurt."

"You better not. Or I'll kill you myself."

"How lovely of you." Jess smiles sarcastically. They all decided to just started walking the way they were supposed to be going before the car broke down hoping they could catch a ride once they were out the woods, god knows how long that would be.

"I thought this friend of yours lived in Illinois?" Joyce asked Hopper walking in front as Jess walked beside Alexi behind them.

"He's not really a friend. He's more like an acquaintance."

"Oh? Okay well-" Joyce was interrupted by Hop yelling at Alexi to keep up as he grabbed hold o his shoulder pushing him infront of them where he could see him. "Easy! Okay so this acquaintance... lives in Illinois? Correct?" Hop nodded.

"So we're walking to Illinois?" Jess speaks up.

"Yeah, yeah, we're gonna walk to Illinois. You know, I figure we'll get there by, like, Friday evening. I hope that works out for your schedule. Jesus Christ, Jessica-"

"Don't call me Jessica!!"

"No we're not walking to Illinois Jess!!!"

"Well I don't know what your shit plan involves do I?! Cause you never tell me anything!!"

"I will figure something out okay?!"

"Jeez, so uptight, get your head out from your ass! Probably the reason why you're so uptight!" Jess sighed pushing through Joyce and Hopper storming ahead of them.

"Stay with us Jess!" Hop yelled at her.

"Go to hell!!"