1 - The killer apple

Unedited

++++++++++++++++++++++++

"MEL! IF YOU DON'T COME DOWNSTAIRS IN 5 MINUTES, I..."

"I'm coming mom!" I yelled. Realizing that I'm looking like a the walking dead character its not helping. Yesterday I straightened my hair hoping that today it would look acceptable, right? Wrong. The thing just got bigger. I growled and decided to put it on a ponytail before mom walked in ready to murder me. I quickly went to my wardrobe looking for some presentable clothes. When I finished, I was dressed in a light blue sweater, black skinny jeans and my tipical combat boots. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was a text from my best friend, Nina.

"I'm going in 10 minutes " I smile at the words in my screen. Nina and I are friends for a while now . She's very important to me. She never left me, even when she should have. We met in freshmen year after I accidentally stained her shirt with ice cream. We hated each other for pretty much the entire school year, but became very close in summer vacation.

She gives me a ride to school every day. Technically, I do have a car. The problem is that my mother borrows it all the time for her shifts at the hospital, so I can't do a lot about it, after all she's the one who gave it to me. She did had one, but it broke about five months ago. I realized that I was still holding my phone so I just decided to hear some songs. I scrolled through my music and decided on Imagine Dragons.

"Your time will come, if you wait for it.." I sing along while applying some mascara and chap stick . I never really liked make up... but girls in my school apparently like the feeling of having hair glued to their mouths because of lip gloss so...

After making sure I wasn't forgetting anything, I got out of my bedroom and headed to the kitchen.

"Do you have any idea of how late you are young lady?" Mom said, glaring at me. Her face was red, which was basically a translation to "You're in trouble".

A few years ago, she would always look beautiful and young. Until my dad left us for some college girl. Since then, she's always working, trying to do the best for me.

She's a doctor and she's never really home. She has a bad temper but I'm already used to it. My mother is like a prettier version of me.The only difference between us, are her grey eyes. But we have the same pale skin, dark brown hair, and dimples. And yes, I absolutely love them.

"I know mom, I'm sorry" I say while sitting at the wooden kitchen table. The smell of pancakes and bacon was making my stomach growl, but I didn't had much time to eat, otherwise I'd be late. My phone buzzed,again, and the message on the screen was from Nina warning me she was waiting outside. Jeez, she's a hell of a punctual person.

"I have to go" I say, running to the door only to be stopped in my way by my mother.

"But you didn't ate anything!" She yelled to me. She quickly walked until the counter,grabbed an apple from our fruit basket and thrown it to me.

Oh no.

Needless to say, my undiscovered athletic skills didn't worked (like usual) and the apple ended hitting me in the head.

"Ouch" I whined in pain while trying to get my balance back only to miserably fail in the process. Falling to my butt again, I watched as she approached. I took her hand and got up.

"Oh my god! Are you okay sweetheart? I'm so sorry! " Mom asked worriedly.

Yeah mom... it didn't hurt .It was just a giant apple hitting me on the head!
But of course I didn't say that, because if I had, I would be grounded until fifty.

"I'm fine mom... don't worry."

"Oh god! Now its going to look like you have a giant hickey on your face!"

"Mom!" I sighed. My mother can be really inappropriate sometimes. I told her goodbye before leaning down to pick up the damn apple because after all, when it comes to food, I'm a pig. Food is bae. It could have tickled me and I still wouldn't care.

I opened the front door and began to walk towards Nina's car. She had her headphones on, and she was looking at the sky, tapping with her hand on the stereo wheel continuously.
When she finally noticed my existence, she started laughing like a mad person.

"Oh my god, what the hell happened to you?! what's that thing in your forehead?" She questioned me while wiping of the tears from her face

"Oh no, is it that bad?" I asked her while popping in the passenger seat.

She nodded with her head. I quickly looked at the mirror and got shocked by the image I saw. Thirty minutes of getting ready wasted because a killer apple came like a wrecking ball and hit me.

"I mean , I knew you were terrible with make up but god! You only applies blush on the cheeks, Mel! " She giggled.

"Ha Ha , You're such a great friend." I said sarcastically, giving her a deadly glance.

"I know..thats why you love me" She answerd smiling.

"Not for long if I get late because of you. Now drive!" I answered with a small smile

I sighed and felt the wind coming from the windows as we headed to school, before taking a bite from my apple.

This is all your fault, Apple! But you still worth it...of course

And this, ladies and gentleman's, is me.

_______________________________________________________

Hello everyone!!! So...this is my first book. I know its really short and kind of boring but its sort of an introduction to Melissa. Keep reading, because things are about to get really interesting. Also, i'm sorry for any spelling error that may exist. If you liked, please vote and comment, because that would mean a lot. Please don't be a silent reader. Let your opnion about the story so i can know what you guys think. Btw,any music suggestions?

XOXO

Julie