Chapter 3

It's night and Eiji was getting ready. He had another pear black shorts but this. Pair of shorts was shorter than the other and had another cropped shirt a white one. With his normal black converse when he opened the door of Ash's room. Him and Shorter we're sitting down on the couch watching TV. When they turned to Eiji, Eiji got a little uncomfortable and tried to pull down his. Shorts but when he did they instantly slid back up. Ash seemed to notice because he took off his flannel from his waist. And handed it to him. 

"Thanks," Eiji mumbled and wrapped it around his waist. "You look good bet you're gonna get the crowd riled up again." Shorter winked at him and got up from the couch. He grabbed his keys and threw Ash's keys at him. "We should get going." Shorter and Eiji nodded in agreement. Ash held the door open for the two of them before locking it shut. He wrapped his arm on Eijis's shoulder. "Cheer up, it's ok." He whispered in Eiji's ear. Eiji looked up at him and gave him a reassuring smile. 

"Race ya there?" Shorter yelled, sprinting to his car. Ash let go of Eiji and sprinted to his car with Eiji trailing behind him. The two got in and put on their seatbelts. Taking off after Shorter, Eiji was excited, Damion never allowed Eiji. In the vehicle with him whenever he was to race with anyone he would get jealous. At all the other couples racing with their significant other with them. Ash chuckled at Eiji's face and sped up. He switched to the other lane and Eiji looked at him a little scared. "It's fine no one comes on this road since they built that other road," Ash reassured Eiji and continued to speed up. 

Now they were beside each other Ash easily passed him up. And merged back into the other lane. Eiji looked back, seeing Shorter's car get smaller in the distance. He looked at Ash with an amazed look on his face. "What? You've seen me race before." Ash laughed, slowing down ruffling Eiji's hair. "Yeah but this was my first time experiencing it," Eiji says, still looking at Eiji. Ash raises a brow. "Hasn't Damion done this before I mean y'all are friends so I kinda assumed?" Eiji shook his "no". "He doesn't like it when in the car with him when he wants to race." 

Ash was shocked when he heard that I mean yeah he talked about racing. But he also talked about Eiji a lot, almost as if he was bragging. 

-

Whenever they showed up the crowd of people moved out the way to make room. For him and Shorter, the room got out of the vehicles. And Shorter flipped him off. "You cut me off." Ash just rolled his eyes. "It was for it I had a good audience." Ash looked over to Eiji who was asking a girl for her flags. She happily gave him the flags and walked away. "I got flags!" Eiji ran back to them holding them up. "Who are you guys racing?" 

Ash pointed to a group of boys. "All of them?!" There were about ten of them in the group. "Yup." Shorter pulled his glasses up to rest on his head. "We're gonna be here for a while." Shorter patted Eiji on his back. "Should we get started?" Eiji said with a smile. Ash knew Eiji would cheer up whenever they got here it was like a safe zone. To everybody that came here even though there were disagreements every now and then. "Yea can you go get that person his name is Alex." Eiji nodded and walked away. Ash got in his car and drove slowly to the front.

Ash saw the headlights of another car Ash smirked. He instantly knew he was gonna win. He watched as Eiji told Alex to move up and stop and repeated the same with him. Ash rolled down his window. "I never got to ask but can I have a good luck kiss?" Eiji rolled his eyes and raised the flags. Ash started revving his engine to intimidate his opponent. When Eiji brought the flags down they both took off leaving smoke behind. 

And it went like that the rest of the night Eiji's mind was at ease and was having a good time. He heard his phone buzz from inside his pocket. He took it out and it was a message from Yue. 

Yue Your father just called me and asked what we were doing I covered for you and said you were asleep call me you get the chance

Sat 11:34 pm 

Eiji stared at his phone and was about to call him until someone grabbed him and pushed him to the ground. Eiji winced from his pain on the pavement. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" He recognized that voice it belonged to. "Damion…" Eiji looked up and saw Damion starting down on him with clenched fists. He knelt down and grabbed Eiji by his chin, squeezing it. "Were leaving get up." Damion started walking away but stopped whenever he didn't hear Eiji behind him.

"NOW EIJI!!" Eiji scrambled to his feet and ran after him. He felt small next to Damion; he had a firm grip on Eiji that he was sure would leave bruising. 

He felt guilt building up again leaving without saying a thing to Ash or Shorter. He couldn't help but picture them both panicking over Eiji being missing. 

So he just kept his head low hoping for the best.