Chapter 23

Eiji was standing outside the door with the tips of his fingers on the door handle. He took a deep breath before opening the door. 

The room went silent as soon as Eiji walked in. He walked over toward Ash handing him his soda. 

"What took you so long? I was starting to think you got lost." Ash joked.

Eiji gave a small smile and nudged Ash on his shoulder. 

Shorter was studying Eiji's movement and his change in mood. He wasn't as bubbly anymore as he was before. He looked up at Ash who was already looking at him. 

"It was nice seeing you Shorter but I think it's about time we leave," Ash said, wrapping an arm around Eiji's shoulder. 

"Alright, I'll see ya later. Bye Eiji." Eiji waved goodbye to Shorter and walked out the door. 

-

When Ash and Eiji got in Ash's car there was nothing but silence. An uncomfortable silence between them. 

Ash drove onto the main road with one hand on the wheel and the other one. Messing with his hair ruffling it every now and then. 

"How much did you hear?" He broke the silence. Eiji bit his lip and fiddled with the hem of his shirt. 

"Hear what…?" 

Ash sighed and looked at Eiji with a small smile. "Don't play dumb you know what I'm talking about." 

Eiji bit down on his lip more. "Not a lot," Eiji mumbled. "You were going to kill Damion?" That question caught Ash off guard. 

"Yea." 

Eiji's hand clenched the ends of his shirt. "How come you didn't tell me?" Eiji asked. "Were you even planning on telling me?" Eiji looked at Ash. 

"No." 

"Why not?!" Eiji yelled at Ash. "Don't I deserve to know…?" Eiji's voice quieted down. 

"Ash?" 

"Just stop talking until we get back to your house." Ash seethed at Eiji. 

Eiji sat back against the seat even more uncomfortable than he was. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to yell at you," Ash said in a gentle tone. "I'm just a little overwhelmed with everything going on." Eiji rested his hand on Ash's shoulder, rubbing circles to comfort Ash. 

"I'll go back to Damion if you need me to."

Ash stopped at a red light and looked over at Eiji wide-eyed. 

"No!" Ash grabbed Eiji by his shoulders. "I thought that's what you and Shor-" 

"Yes but no. You aren't going back to Damion the way you may think." Eiji tilted his head in confusion. 

"Well talk about this more later ok and I'll explain everything more later in detail."

-

"So you're a gang leader," Eiji said, laying down on his bed holding his nori nori plush. "Yea. After all of this is done we won't have to be in contact anymore. I never meant to drag you into my business." 

Eiji sat up and rested his head on his shoulder. "I still want to be able to talk to you." Eiji smiled at Ash.

"And what about your father ain't he a cop? I don't think he would like his son talking to a gang leader whom they are trying to take down." Ash looked over at Eiji with a grin.

"I won't say anything if you dont." Eiji giggled. "As if I would." Ash stared into Eiji's eyes with a small smile. 

He grabbed Eiji by his waist pulling him closer. Eiji wrapped his arms around Ash's neck. 

Ash leaned in and kissed Eiji slowly being gentle with him. Knowing that he still had both his cast on. 

He moved his arm slowly into the middle of Eiji's back, laying him down on the bed carefully. Ash bit the bottom of Eiji's lip asking for entrance. 

Eiji opened his mouth a little and Ash wasted no time pushing his tongue in Eiji's mouth. 

Eiji cupped Ash's face in his hands. Eiji's breath hitched when he felt Ash's hand trail up his shirt. 

"Ash." Ash pulled away from Eiji. His face inches away from his. "I take back what I said about you talking to me. How would your father feel about you kissing me?" Ash said in a raspy tone. 

"Not happy, I know that for sure…" A voice came from the hallway. "Lena?!" Ash got off of Eiji. "That's my cue to leave." Ash opened Eiji's window and climbed out onto the roof. "Ash?! You're going to get hurt." Eiji watched as Ash jumped onto the nearest tree and climbed down.

"He does know that his car is parked outside right?" Eiji heard his father chuckle from behind him. "So when do we get to meet him?" Eiji tensed at the question. "Um…I don't know." Eiji laughed nervously watching as Ash drove off. 

"How was yalls trip?" Eiji asked to change the subject. "It was good the family wants to see you next time." Eiji nodded.

"Dad?" Lena called out. "Can I talk to Eiji alone please?" Eiji's father nodded and left the two alone. Lena closed the door behind her. 

"You're not going to tell them right?" Eiji said. 

"No, I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice." 

"Twice?" Eiji asked. Lena felt guilt build up inside of her. "Yea."

"What are you talking about Lena?" Eiji laughed nervously. "Um… nothing, don't worry about it." Lena waved off. 

"So what did you want to talk about?" Eiji asked. 

"Don't worry about it, it's not that important anyways."

"Oh ok," Eiji said.

-

Night had come and Ash had called Eiji. Telling Eiji to meet him a few houses down the street. So that his parents wouldn't see the lights of his car.

Ash gave Eiji a rundown of the plan that he and Shorter had come up with. 

Soon Ash had pulled to the mansion he and Eiji had both gotten out of the vehicle. 

The two walked up the stairs to the entrance where the doors had opened for them. 

In the middle stood Arthur, Damion, and Blanca. Ash's fist curled up in a ball at the sight of Blanca. 

"Eiji come here please," Damion said, opening his arms waiting for Eiji. 

Eiji looked over at Ash before walking over to Damion. Damion pulled Eiji into a hug caressing him and pressing a kiss on his head.