(C4) Dark Magic

Cynder kept putting pressure on Spyro's open wound as the Dragon Knight that had spoken to them flew off to get in contact with the remaining Guardians. If word about this dark magic got out, there was no telling what could happen. If Spyro and Cynder had to make a guess though, they had a gut feeling that war would break it, considering what the voice is saying about Malefor and all of the destruction he caused before he was banished into the crystal core of the world.

The dragon who had spoken to Spyro and Cynder stopped at the headquarters of the Dragon Knights inside of Warfang as they got in contact with the three remaining Guardians, finally hearing Terrador answer back.

"Knight. What's going on in Warfang? Are we needed down there?" Terrador asked as Cyril and Volteer looked over to the green and brown Guardian.

The Knight's red scales reflected the light coming into the building from the nearby window as he responded to Terrador's calm question with a calm reply. "Spyro and Cynder came to Warfang, but as I'm sure the Guardians know, that's not the problem. Spyro got some kind of a shadowy injury during the trip to our settlement, and Cynder said he reported some kind of a voice in his head when the wound opened up and turned his scales grey, apparently it was talking about bringing Malefor back from the crystal core. We need the Guardians down in Warfang before this news gets out, as I'm sure chaos will ensue if it does. We're also looking for more insight on Spyro's injury, if you can help with that." The Knight explained as Terrador nodded on the other side of the call.

At the same time, the Knight flew back to Spyro and Cynder as they looked back over to them, with Cynder continuing to press down on the purple dragon's injury, ignoring his blood that was continuing to stain her claws and scales as she spoke.

"So the Guardians are on their way, right? And what's your name, Knight? I don't think I've seen you around before." Cynder asked as Spyro caught his breath and his wound bleeding stopped briefly.

"Yes they are. And my name is Flame, Cynder. It's nice to meet the two of you." Flame said as Cynder nodded and Spyro picked himself up, his wound had stopped bleeding, but that most certainly wouldn't last without proper treatment.

Spyro continued to bleed as he flew through Warfang alongside Cynder and Flame, the three dragons spotting the closest hospital as they flew into it, the three dragons spotting a pillar of the shadow magic rising into the air as Cynder's eyes opened in shock. This magic was extremely similar to what Malefor had used to take control of her back when she was even just an egg, and now this same likely corruptive magic is spreading through all of the Dragon Realms, which is a prime cause for concern considering what had happened in the past.

Deciding to investigate this pillar of magic, Spyro, Cynder and Flame flew closer to it and it took a loose shape as they got closer and closer. As they got even closer, a figure emerged from the shadow behind the pillar of darkness, with one claw reaching out towards them, almost as if trying to embrace their very souls. As soon as their bodies were within range of the corrupted aura, the three dragons fired blasts of elemental energy into it, sending its form crumbling apart as the corruption vanished from sight, leaving a small glowing orb of yellow light behind as the small orb fell to the ground.

The glowing orb fell to the ground as it began to glow brighter, with a black substance beginning to emerge from it, growing larger and larger. It appeared to be the body of something that had been shaped by the power of Malefor's essence, and now the corruption had taken hold. Cynder watched as flames began to grow from the ground of Warfang, right where the orb had made contact with the ground, the flames turning white as they rose higher and higher until they were nearly touching the sky. She felt the air begin to heat and become unbearably sticky from the smoke that was being produced as it reached them, causing her to cough as she looked away from the flames.