Chapter 2

The group of 4 worked for around a week, making the ruined village easier to live in. So far, they had 6 houses completely finished, as it was easier to build since there was already a foundation, but a majority still had to be fixed. Frost was out, and the black dragon, his name being Ketu, returned 4 days later with his mate. On the first two days Night had gathered some more dragons to help, but she hadn't checked on the two roads that they were working on for a couple of days now. "Hey, Night!" A voice called out from behind her. Night snapped out of her thoughts and put the tools she was holding down. She turned around to see Frost, who was carrying a couple of flowers. "Oh, what's up Frost?" Night responded. "Well, I found these flowers," she gestured to them with her empty talons. "And I was thinking that we could place them around this road to add some decoration to it!" Frost explained. Night looked around the road, she was just working on making a lamppost but she didn't realize that the road was completely bleak. "Yeah, you can if you want, the soil is pretty loose right now since we got rid of the overgrowth," Night agreed. "Alright, thanks!" Frost smiled at Night and trotted away. Night looked back at her lamppost, covering the stand with the last dash of paint and closed the bucket of paint, leaving the brush on top.

   Night walked to one of the roads that was being worked on, some of the dragons that were helping were chatting, others were working, and a couple was watching their dragonet. Some dragons glanced towards her direction but continued what they were doing. The road was almost complete, like the previous road, but there was still a lamppost still being worked on. Night looked away, to the bigger structure on the side of the mountain instead of a flat area. The palace. It wasn't being worked on at all. In fact, the condition of it was okay, considering it hadn't been taken care of for hundreds of years. And so because of that, Night wanted to finish the village first. Night had actually offered the working dragons some houses to temporarily live in for the time being, even letting them move in if they preferred being on a mountain's height. Night also needed to head back to the palace, her mother was surely there after a week passed. Night looked around, looking for one of her friends. Then she caught sight of Ketu. "Ah, Ketu!" Night called, going towards her. Her attention snapped to Night. Deep voice rumbling, she responded, "Yes?" "I want you to take control of the village for a bit, I'm going to head back to the main palace to see if my mother is back and to check in," Night explained. "Yeah sure, I can do that. Just return soon, I don't know if I can control everyone for long," Ketu half-joked. Night chuckled, "Alright, thanks!"

   Night turned around, took a few steps away from Ketu, then launched off the ground. Night looked off into the distance to catch sight of the palace, which was easy to spot, but couldn't help but see that there were no guards at the front. Night dived down, landing at the front of the palace. She entered, not seeing anyone so far. Warily, she walked down the halls towards her parents' room. Night opened the door, the dark atmosphere only making it more eerie as the door slowly opened. Nobody was in the room, or well, her parents weren't in the room. Silver, her sister, was staring right at Night. "Silver? Where's mum and dad?" Silence, for a few seconds. "Gone, like you should be," Silver responded, a small smile on her face. Night paused, unsure if she should be confused or doubting, probably both. "I'm the new queen now, because of your absence, and you are not welcome here," Silver sneered. "Silver, mum went on a trip, she didn't die, and father probably went on a meeting. When did you start acting like this?" Night calmly spoke, but she was nervous. "I can easily call the guards on you. They will obey their queen," Silver confidently spoke, strutting towards Night. "I doubt that anyone would listen to your mistakes," Night glared down at her smaller sibling. "Really? Let's put it to the test. GUARDS!" Silver called, her voice echoing down the halls.

   Night just slowly blinked once before sitting down. "I also forgot to tell you that I saw no dragons on the way to you," Night gave a small glance outside the room, looking if anyone was coming. "WHAT?" Silver growled, pushing past Night and into the hallway. "There's someone coming this way right now, what are you talking about?" Silver whipped around to face Night. "Oh, okay," Night sat up, giving a small stretch and walking out into the hallway as well. There were two dragons, covered in heavy armor, rushing towards them. They stopped in front of Silver, giving a surprised glance at Night. "Night has returned? So you're no longer queen anymore?" A guard asked, obviously trying hard to hide his glee but failing. Night gave a small, confused glance towards the guard. Are my parents really dead? Night thought to herself, but immediately denied it. "No, I called for you to kick her out," Silver explained with a small, strained, smile. The two guards glanced between themselves then to Night, before bowing quickly. "Yes, Your Highness," They both simultaneously spoke, ushering Night to follow them. Silver snorted, muttering something to herself as she went back into the room. As soon as the door shut, the guards' pace slowed slightly and one of them sighed. "Glad to see that you are back, Night. Silver is wayyy too young to be leading, and terrible at it, too!" The faded blue dragon snickered. "I mean, I know you're too young as well, but I'm sure you'd be better at it then her," The other added, slightly quieter than the other. "Glad to see you all as well, but did Queen Blink and King Ebony really die?" Night questioned, her voice wavering.