Chapter 4

The medically trained dragon continued wrapping the wound up in bandages while Night watched intently. They sadly didn't have any supplies for stitches anymore, they had run out and there had been rarely any time to get some. And due to that.. this would definitely leave a scar Silver would be proud of. It was the highest amount of damage she had ever done to Night. Physically, anyway. "Alright, I'm done for now, come back tomorrow so I can replace the bandages and stuff," The medic waved Night off. Despite the bored tone the medic gave Night, he was great at healing, considering the items he had with him. Night nodded, giving a quiet 'thank you' before leaving him to treat others. Night thought back to the battle, did Silver suddenly get better over those few days? Emotions raged within Night, to be proud of her sister or to be worried and angered of her training and how Night slacked? Night sat up, flinching and pausing as the pain on her back resurfaced. Ignoring the pain this time, she left the medical room to walk to her room. Some dragons waved to her & some just passed by her on the way to somewhere else. And suddenly, as if time sped up, her door was in front of her. Night sighed, glad to be able to rest without much worry or pain. She took her seat by her desk, taking out a half-filled journal to plan her next attacks and patrols.

   "Oh," A familiar voice said softly from behind her. Night put the feather pen back into the ink pot and turned to him. "Hey, Paint!" Night smiled at her mate. He looked at her blankly for a second before responding with a small 'hello'. Paint sat down next to her, giving a quick glance to her bandaged back. "What happened?" Paint asked. "Attacked during patrol, I'm most likely going to get a scar from it, since we don't have the resources needed to prevent that," Night explained, taking out the pen and writing again. Night sighed, tapping her claw that wasn't writing against the desk a couple of times before questioning Paint as well. "Anything interesting happened to you today?" A quick response of 'no' came back to her. Night's mind paused for a moment. "Really?" Night dipped the quill back in the ink, glancing at him. "Thought that if Silver had attacked me on patrol there would be another attack somewhere else, but okay.." Under her mask, her eyebrow lowered in confusion. Paint hummed in a blank agreement, obviously not caring. ..He just needs more time to recover, I'm sure, Night thought, though she wasn't so certain anymore.