Chapter five

A Sleepover

Umaima's POV

I woke up this morning, having less to do, I was home with Aunty mommy (my elder sister) and popsy, mom went to her village to take care of her sick mammy, she has been stroked down for few months now and it hasn't been easy since my mom is her only daughter among five sons, mom decided to take care of her until she is back to her feet.

Kashim (my immediate older brother) is in sudan, that's where he schools, he is in final year, he will soon be writing his final exams, can't wait to have him back home, I miss him so much. Today is the day am meant to go to Ummi's house, I planned to go later in the day but I don't know why I was feeling uneasy, like I miss her and I can't wait to see her like. I felt as though I needed to see her, I crave for her presence more than anything right now, so I went straight up to Aunty mommy's room (her name is Aisha, but everyone calls her Aunty mommy, even our parents).

I entered the room and met her on call, from the way she was sounding all sweet, I know it's uncle daddy, lol that's what I call her fiancee! She doesn't like me to call him that but seriously it's only fair to call him uncle daddy since his wife to be is Aunty mommy😂... I didn't want to interrupt the call so I went straight to her wardrobe to select what to wear. Yeah you all heard me right, I love wearing her clothes, she always complains though but who cares, i'm your only sister, I have got right to your clothes, you have no choice. Oh I haven't introduced myself fully right? I'm Umaima, Ummi's best friend, I am dark-skinned, adored with big eyeballs and long lashes, and blessed with a tall and slim phase. I can be annoying sometimes, but that is just the spice of life, I also have a temper my friends don't like to encounter. I love family bondings, you will always find me around my siblings or bestfriend. I am in my level 3 in one of the best university there is, apart from that, I am a modest fashion model and I have a large army of followers on Instagram and Twitter. Those are the only two social media accounts I have.

I love to read books and wattpad is my favorite app for this. I love beauty and skin repairs products. Enough about me, I am a bit lousy today. I picked up a really beautiful ash Abaya from Aunty mommy's wardrobe, she gave me a chilling look, gesturing with her hands to put it down but I refused, I know she is on phone call with uncle daddy and would not like to make a scene, if by any chance she yells at me to keep her Abaya, uncle daddy would implore her to let me have it rather than using it for the day and she wouldn't have a choice but obey. Haha I have caught her in between. So I left the room waving bye at her while she rolled her eyes at me.

I went to popsy's room, he was having his breakfast (tea with pancakes). "Good morning pops" I went closer to him while he shakes my hands (that's how I role with popsy, we always shake hands) "morning dear, how was the night?" he asked calmly "Alhamdulillah, your's dad?" I inquired while he smiled with "just fine, are you about to leave for Ummi's house? He further asked "yes pops, I'm leaving shortly" I responded "okay that's okay, my regards to her and her family, take care and call us once you've reached." he said while I nodded.

Shortly after I arrived at Ummi's house, I kept hearing some unusual sounds coming from the living room, I decided to say my taslim while I got a respond from Samira, we greeted and I went in just to discern a terrible scene... Ummi was being possessed, I didn't quiet understand what was going on, mom and dad were so busy restraining Ummi, they didn't even notice my presence, I stood there silently waiting for the end of the show, I felt like crying real hard," is this Ummi?" I asked myself under my breath! I was quiet surprised, I spoke with her just yesterday, though she looks rather odd but I didn't know it was this serious "I'm going to kill this girl today, how could she keep something this serious away from me" I threatened under my breath...Few minutes later, mom and dad noticed my presence and narrated few things about the whole situation to me, I got even more frightened, but above all I pitied Ummi so much that I found myself crying on her behalf. She is such a sweet girl, why must she go through this? I thought to myself. I moved closer to her while watching how peaceful she looks in her sleep. with that radiant, light skinned face, fine pale thick lips, lanky nose, Ummi is indeed a charm. Just when I was lost in my thoughts, she blink her eyes and I said almost immediately "she is awake!"

Later in the day;

After letting out bursts for what seems like forever, the two best friends decided to have as much fun as possible since they were together. "I wanted to make some snacks board for us before I fell sick" Ummi said sadly "I would have beaten you up then, things like this are meant to be done by the two of us not just you" Umaima lash out. "Chill don't be mean, remember i'm sick!" Ummi pleaded for sympathy in a jokingly manner "this girl ehn, I don't know what to do with you sef, big head" Umaima sneered while they both laughed. Sometimes later, when Ummi regained her strength, she joined Umaima in the kitchen and they made some snacks board, they made some chips, popcorn, pretzels, doughnuts, waffles and some muffins. Umaima took some pictures of the snacks board for the gram.

Ummi's POV

Jeez i'm exhausted after spending hours in the kitchen preparing some snacks for myself and Umaima. It was a pastime actually, we taunted each other and make a mess out of the kitchen, it was still fun until when we had to clean up, I had to run out of the kitchen and watch Umaima do all the cleaning. I'mextremely lazy when it comes to tidying up a mess, I can't help it, lol.

I went into the bathroom and had a warm shower, we took turns actually and we changed into a matching pyjamas. "What Do you suggest we do tonight?" Umaima asked "spa night, movie marathon...." I suggested while Umaima got excited "yes that sounds cool, let's watch a blight movie and play the game "never have I ever" she jumped on the bed "I am having a good feeling already, this is going to be one of the best nights" Umaima foretold "same here, come give me a hug" I locked my arm around her for a minute.

Umaima suggested a nice facial mask for me one certain time, I got all the ingredients needed but I didn't make the mask due to I was lazy, thankfully, since we'll be having a spa night, we decided to make the facial mask together. It was a mixture of powdered fenugreek, hot water, evaporated peak mill, egg yolk and olive oil. I fondle some of the paste on Umaima's face and she did same to mine, it was cute at the same time fun. We decided to play the game "never have I ever" I was particularly happy about this because I wanted to ask Umaima some silly questions, I bet she had some to ask too.

We placed a bottle of red wine on the pad, who ever has ever done a certain question asked by the other person, drinks from the bottle, so I asked first "Never have I ever been on a blind date" "yes,yes I have never been on a blind date" She pulled out her tongue, then further asked "never have I ever used someone else's toothbrush" I actually drank from the bottle cause yeah I have used Samira's toothbrush countless times, "eeewwww" Umaima blurted while I rolled my eyes at her then took the turn "never have I ever regifted a gift" Umaima drank from the bottle "I had to give that director back his gift when he started acting funny towards me" she recounted "seriously that man was something else, how did it even end with him, you didn't tell me the last part" I reminisced while she replied with "story for another day, no bad talks tonight" I nodded while she continued "never have I ever laughed so hard that I peed on my pants as an adult" hearing this, I laughed out and proudly drank from the bottle "seriously?" Umaima asked surprisingly "whenever my uncle is here, you know how funny he can be" I clarified... We threw more at each other before trying something else out.

We wanted to have a paint fight before watching the blight movie but the colors were all dried up and it was late to get new ones, so we decided to have a paint fight some other time. Umaima suggested a movie for us "the conjuring". The movie was interesting until when it became really scary, I mean that was the plan, to get really scared...but this time around, I was slowly being reminded of shadow and his taunts...I kept hearing my name from within, I didn't know when I passed out....!!!

Author's POV;
Hey lovelies, hope we are all good? Was suppose to update 2days back, but I have so much to do, I wasn't opportuned. Nevertheless, here you have it! Hope you enjoy the chapter🔥 please don't read without voting and leaving a comment it really does matter to me🥹🙏
Love from here, invite readers please🙏🙏
Till next time bye👋
Hussalwrites❤️