Chapter eight

Author's POV
Hey readers👋, hope you are enjoying the story. I'm trying to make the chapters longer than it was before, Please share, vote, and comment, you can send a dm on my Instagram page, it's on my profile or to my email🤭 love you all❤️

**************************************************
Strings pulled

Samira's POV
I was shocked, unable to move, and all sorts of scary thoughts ran through my mind. "What happened, Samira?" Ummi kept asking, "did something happen to Saddam?" she asked, "Saddam...Saddam...he... Hospital...accident..." I was tearing up and wincing. I couldn't speak. "Subhannallah! What hospital?" Ummi asked, almost in tears. "City hospital! Get mom on the phone. I need to see Saddam!" I managed to say, "Okay, sure," Ummi replied.

Ummi's POV
I felt so sorry for Saddam. How serious could his situation be? I kept asking myself. Nevertheless, I put mom on the phone as Samira requested. She had gone out with dad. "Mommy!" I called out immediately when she picked up the call, "what is it? Who is crying over there?" Mom asked instantly. "Mom, Saddam has been hospitalized," I said. "Subhanallah! How come? what happened?" Mom asked, terrified. "An accident! I will take Samira to the hospital now. Please meet us there. I called to inform you," I explained. "Okay, give the phone to Samira," mom requested, and I did immediately. "Mom, Saddam, Mom, I don't know what happened to Saddam," Samira kept saying with tears rolling out. "Don't worry. He will be fine. Go to the hospital and be with him. We will be in the hospital too soon in shaa Allah, be careful on your way please and stop crying, be strong," mom consoled. Samira nodded her response. I collected the phone and said, "it's city hospital, mom, bye."

At the hospital
We were asked to head over to room 101. That's where he is being treated. Over there, at the doorstep, we met his uncle, mom, sisters, and niece. "Assalamu Alaikum, '' we greeted. "Walaykumu Salam," they all replied while Samira moved closer to his mom. "Umma, what happened to Saddam? How serious is his condition?" With tears rolling down her eyes as Umma replied, "Have you been crying? Ki daina kuka (stop crying). All he needs now is our prayers and support, okay? He will not be happy to see you cry, kinsan yana kaunarki (you know how much he loves you), kar ki damu (don't worry) (Saddam's mom is a northerner and speaks Hausa)," she comforted Samira, her soon to be daughter in law.
"He broke an arm, which has been treated. He regained consciousness a few minutes ago, so, in shaa Allah, he will be fine. You don't have to worry," His elder sister, Aunty Khadija (mother of Ameen, Saddam's niece), added with a soothing voice. "Okay," Samira said and sat on a seat closer to Umma (Saddam's mom).

While waiting, mom and dad arrived. Shortly after, the doctor came out of the room. Saddam's uncle walked up to him, but their discussions were loud enough "how is he feeling now?" The uncle asked. "Much better. You all can go in now and see him. His arm has been bandaged, and he won't be able to move his right arm for about 2 to 3 months, but in shaa Allah, his other injuries will heal in no time. Thank goodness it wasn't something worse than this."

Samira went in immediately, followed by Umma and the rest of us...

Samira's POV

To see Saddam in this condition truly was tragic. I went closer to him. He was sleeping peacefully as if nothing had happened. He has always been this kind of a person. He would be going through shits, but hold on and endure like nothing had happened. "Not now, Saddam, let out tears of pain! Why must it be now? You were this close to closing the deal!!" I was lost in my thoughts!

"Allah ya baka lapiya (may Allah grant you good health)," Umma said with a cracky voice. "Umma karki yi kuka, Alhamdulillah, nothing worse than this happened," Saddam's immediate younger sister Teemarh ( fateemah in full) comforted. "Alhamdulillah," I and others whispered, "I will go home with Ummi and prepare some food for him and everyone. Ummi will deliver the food once it's ready. Please call us when he is awake," My Mom, Hajiya, said. "Mungode (we are thankful)," Umma replied. "Haba, Saddam is like a son to us. This is indeed tragic. Still, we say nothing but Alhamdulillah. It wasn't worse than this. I will be outside the room with mall Shuaib (Saddam's Uncle)," my dad voiced and left while we nodded in agreement. Ummi came closer to me, "don't cry again, please, he will be fine in shaa Allah. I will be back with enough food for everybody." We hugged each other while she left with mom.