Chapter IV

I'm soo sorry it took so long to the few people who wanted a new chapter.

I started this chapter a long time ago and as i was proofreading it i accidentally deleted everything :p so i lost my motivation to rewrite it but i finally did it:D so i hope you enjoy!

yeji's pov

The sun shines brightly on my face, forcing me to wake up.

I look around the room.

Ryujin is standing in the corner.

I can only see her back but I think she's holding something in her hands.

"Ryujin?"

She suddenly flinches and as she was turning around, she manages with a quick hand movement to get rid of the thing she had in her hands, if she had anything at all.

"Good morning, Miss Hwang! When did you uh- wake up?"

"Just now", I say, stretching my arms.

"Let me get you your clothes, Miss."

I sit up and watch her get my clothes from the wardrobe.

She has a weird smile on her face, almost forced.

"Thank you, Ryujin."

"No worries, Miss Hwang."

I get up and look out the window. Every time I look at that tree I see my aunt hanging from that thick branch.

It always gives me a strange feeling in my stomach.

It still bothers me that no one knows why she did it. At least that's what they told me.

Sometimes I wonder about what her reason was to end it. I mean, she didn't live an awful life.

She lived in a big manor, she had a lot of maids that helped her with every house chores, she had a... um- well her husband was and still is a sexist pig he wasn't the best. But at least she didn't have to do what I do.

Reading those books for his husband's weird, old friends is disgusting. I never want to do it but I have no choice. I can't disobey him. Everyone knows my uncle is crazy.

When I walk past his bedroom and it's really quiet it's like I can hear muffled screams. It really freaks me out.

I often wonder what would happen if I would just- escape? Like my aunt did?

Just taking that thick rope and putting it around my n-

"Miss Hwang? Are you alright?"

All of a sudden I feel a hand on my shoulder. I flinch.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you, but you've been standing there for two minutes."

After a couple of seconds I turn around with an expressionless face.

I quickly realize and put a smile on my face, but my eyes just can't seem to do the same.

Ryujin looks at me with a worried face.

"Miss?"

I open my mouth but- nothing comes out.

I zone out.

Those horrible yet tempting thoughts are still floating in my head.

The fact that I could end it all.

No more routines. No more yelling. No more reading those books.

"Miss???!!" I feel a little shake.