Chapter V

Ryujin's pov

Everyone was sitting at the long table in the dining room. Daejung, my boss, was sitting next to Yeji. Me and other 3 maids were standing at the door.

"So, Miss Hwang, tell me. What do you do during your free time?"

The look on his face- lust, greed. Disgusting. He really sees Yeji as an object.

I just want to punch him in the face.

Everything seems to be going well- everyone eating, talking, laughing. Everyone but Yeji.

Daejung suddenly glares at me with a persistent look, hinting me to go outside.

I roll my eyes and do as he says. I excuse myself and leave the room. He follows me shortly.

"Oh, Cunt Fujiwara, what is wrong? Are you not to Lady Hwang's liking?" I say with a mocking voice.

"Cut the bullshit, Ryujin." He aggressively says. "If I can't win her over, there's no money for you, idiot. So you have to help me."

My dorky smile slowly fades.

He's right. I really need that money and I won't let anything get in my way.

I feel kind of bad but I really need to this. I have to help him complete his plan.

I put on my serious face and listens to what he has to say.

*two hours later*

"It was really nice to meet you, Lady Hwang." Daejung slowly kisses her hand. As he lifts his head he says "I'm looking forward to our meeting at the butterfly house next week."

"Likewise, Count Fujiwara." She flashes him with a warm smile.

As he backs away, he gives me smug look.

I mentally roll my eyes at his gesture.

Daejung pulls his head out of the carriage window.

"Don't forget your brushes and paint!"

"Don't worry, I won't!" Yeji responds with the biggest smile I've seen her show.

Yeji walks towards her bed and falls onto it, staring at the ceiling.

"Really dreamy, this Count Fujiwara, huh?" I say, hoping that she doesn't sense the sarcasm.

She lets out a deep breath.

"I guess so.."

She guesses so?? But she looked totally mesmerized by him at the end of the night. This can't be right. She HAS to like him.

"I don't understand, miss. Didn't you like him?"

"Well, I think I did. I don't know."