Chapter VI

Yeji's pov

Ryujin returns to the bedroom, holding something in her hand. She quickly walks towards my bedside table, putting something in the drawer.

"What did you put there?"

"If you feel sad that might cheer you up a bit."

She flashed e warm, genuine smile at me.

"You should really go to sleep miss, goodnight."

third person's view

Ryujin is laying in her bed, trying to fall asleep, when she suddenly hears the bell ringing, meaning Lady Hwang was calling her.

She lazily gets out of the bed and goes to Yeji's room.

"Yes, miss?"

Ryujin let's out a yawn.

There was no response on Yeji's behalf, so Ryujin slowly approaches her bed.

Ryujin leans over the bed, trying to see Yeji's face in spite of the poor lighting in the room.

Yeji suddenly grabs the corner of the blanket and pulls it, exposing the sheet. She then taps the empty spot next to her, hinting Ryujin to lie down.

Ryujin gives Yeji a confused look, but still obediently gets in the bed.

"Miss, are you alr-"

"I feel a nightmare coming."

After saying this, the girl rolls on the side, facing her back towards Ryujin.

Ryujin, completely confused as to why Yeji responded this way, does the same as the girl next to her.

After a minute, Yeji finally breaks the silence.

"I'm scared."

Ryujin's eyebrows rise.

"Of what?"

Ryujin can hear Yeji breathing heavier, trying to find her words.

"Of tomorrow. Of what will happen after our date."

Ryujin tries to act confused, but deep down she knows what awaits Yeji tomorrow night.

"What do you mean?"

Yeji turns around. Ryujin does the same, so that they're facing eachother.

"I've lived here my whole life. I had no mother growing up, how am I supposed to know these kind of- things? I'm so young, I never got the chance to- to be intimate with a man."

Ryujin is speechless. She looks at Yeji's and can see concern in her eyes.

'Fuck this. I'll just teach her this one thing before going to sleep'

Ryujin leans over Yeji and opens the drawer of her bedside table, grabbing  a lollipop.

She rests her head on the pillow again and unwraps it.