Intro

**READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE READING STORY SO YOU WILL NOT BE LOST**

"What is this " My Mother Said Placing An Ultrasound Picture In My Face.

"Answer Us Girl " My Father Roared As I put my hand over my stomach and lifted up my t-shirt that was three sizes bigger than my regular size.

"Your Pregnant. ? I knew it . I knew it. Who is it by ?" My mom said as she paced back and forth.

"Vante Smooth " i said .

"I dont know him why would you tell me his name " My mom said.

"Get Out My House " My Dad spat and added spit to my face.

"What ?" i screeched as my voice was cracking.

"You heard him get your ungrateful ass out. Your nasty ass. When did you get pregnant and how ? I have been a great mother to you and you get pregnant like a little whore . Get out bitch " She said.

I ran upstairs and i grabbed my luggage and i packed my suitcase. I grabbed my hair supplies. , my baby clothes my bestfriend bought me and i bought my baby girl , I packed my valuebles and i stared at the mirror as my eyes was red. I snuck in my moms and dads room and grabbed some money out the safe and put it in my pocket. I had only $500 . Plus some money i had saved up which was $300.

I wiped the tears and i grabbed my shoes abd packed them. I slipped on my air maxes and i jogged down the stairs. I watched my parents all hugged up together with hands on their hips.

"Dont worry. Cause remember when i always said im gonna be something?" i questioned them as i opened the door.

"Yes " they both said in unison.

"You'll see " i said as i slammed the door walking out.

I walked all the way to Vante's house. It was four miles away and my feet were killing me . I stopped at a nearby McDonalds and got something earlier.

I knocked on Vante's door and i got no response but his lights were on. I knocked again and he came to the door sweaty. His boxers were on and he was angry.

"What ?!? ".he yelled.

"Vante i know you dont wanna be there for Shanae when she is born but i need a place to stay "i said.

"Vante whats wrong " said Angelic as she came to the door in a bra and panties.
She gasped when she saw me and ran behind Vante.

I shook my head and stepped off the porch.

*Present Time *

"Hey Chunky Monkey " I said as i woke up Shanae from her slumber. She was almost a year old and she could walk. Her words were devolping and so were her teeth.

Her birthday was in 2 weeks and i sighed as i lifted her out the toddler bed i got from goodwill. "Mama "she said as she played with the ends of my hair.

"Shanae" i said and she giggled showing her two front teeth. I put her in the sink after i removed her clothes. I bathed her with her baby soap and washed her baby hair.

I put her on her dress with polkadots with sandals and a bow on top of her head.

Shanae and I were making ends meet. Next day i would have money and next day i wouldnt. Everything we got was from the salvation army and goodwill except the clothes on our back.

My Job was a maid for a bakery and it wasnt much to keep the bills paid.

"Ready to go see Mrs. Butler " i said referring to the old lady who owned a daycare across the hall. She is an sweet old lady who noticed our struggle and takes care of her while im at work.

"Yes " she said giggling as i grabbed her baby bag and her as i opened the door and i locked it as i stepped out of it and closed it shut.

I walked across the hall and knocked on her door. "Yes " she said coming to the door.

"Hey mrs.B " i said. "Hello Child. Cmere Shanae " she said grabbing her stuff and the baby.

" Want Anything to eat " she said pointing to the fridge. "No thanks but ill come pick her up later . Thanks Mrs.B Bye Baby " i said kissing Mrs.B on her forehead and Shanae.

Mrs.B acted like my grandma. I love Mrs.B she knows im 18 and i had Shanae at seventeen . She never judged me.

I hopped in my beat down volvo and i drove to The Happy Bakery Shop.

I pulled into the parking lot and i hopped out. I had on the usual work attire. I walked in and i moticed that someone else was doing my job.

"Keisha Your Here Finally " My boss Sandigo said as he stepped to me .

"Sandigo whats going on ".i said.

"You lost your job "he said.

"What ?! How ?" i said as i held my head in my hand.

"They work lower than minimum wage . Great Catch . You must didnt notice they were mexicans . " he said.

"Sandigo your mexican " i said.

"And ? "He said.

"What am i gonna do now ?" i said.