14

4 hours later*the loft - 11:06am*

4 hours later
*the loft - 11:06am*

since the death of my son, i wished for nothing more than to die an excruciatingly painful death but today, for the first time in a very long time, i was able to say that i had enjoyed living and that i had enjoyed the feeling of life rushing through my veins.

today i could say that i had enjoyed being alive and that was all because of bucky barnes.

usually i feel like i am experiencing whiplash with how bucky makes me feel; one moment he makes me feel like the happiest girl in the world and the next he makes me feel so alone that i want to die, today however was an amazing day and i feel as though i may explode due to being so overwhelmed.

he had made me feel loved, that damned loved that my heart ached.

we had been back from the beach for just over an hour and it had been nothing but chaos, the both of us rushing around like headless chickens trying to prepare ourselves for our journey back to madripoor that we had expected to start back just over two hours ago.

we had lost track of time, all of those hours we clung onto one another with the brightest smiles while we swam in the sea, all of those hours spent getting lost in the warmth of one another's eyes and the peacefulness had felt like literal seconds.

it had felt like heaven - i had my husband and my son with me, it was heaven.

bucky and i had not shared a single word since we'd gotten back, there was a comfortable silence that had now settled between the both of us and i had used it to my complete advantage; spending the last thirty minutes making sure that we were leaving the loft exactly how it was when we first arrived here while bucky was showering, washing the salt from his hair.

i placed the last table mat upon the counter before i headed upstairs, needing to pack my things and take a shower myself.

the scent of bucky's musky aftershave had flooded out through the small crack beneath the bathroom door and was slowly filling this entire loft, forcing me to take a moment and wrap my hand around the railing as i allowed the familiar calming scent to soothe me.

i cracked my neck as i reminded myself of the many things that i still had to do in such little time, and managed to drag myself towards the bedroom that i had taken up residency in for the past couple of days.

i grabbed myself a clean set of clothes, deciding to ignore the entire catastrophe that i still have to pack and made my way towards the bathroom once i heard the shower shut off and the door close, telling me that bucky was finally finished.