Chapter 6

Lorenzo has a brother and now a loaded gun pressed against the side of his head

"Come on brother"he says "is she pretty. I've heard she's gorgeous"

Lorenzo places both hands on his brothers shoulders and pushes him. Except there's no space for him to step back and his head hits the wall.

"Hey" he says rubbing the back of his head "you little shit. Just because you're don now doesn't mean you can be like that to your big brother, does it?" He raises an eyebrow at Lorenzo.

"And I'm kidding, but I have heard what happened last night at the masquerade ball" he pauses and Lorenzo sighs "she sounds pretty badass to me" he says chuckling.

Quietly I turn around and make my way to the stairs again. But before I can reach the first step I hear my name being called.

"Rosalie Rossi" Lorenzo's brother says. Slowly, I turn around to face him. Lorenzo looks a lot like his brother.

His hair is the same dark brown, his eyes are the same mesmerising blue. However, Lorenzo is taller than his brother by quite a few inches. They look the same yet different.

"Hello" I say, squaring my shoulders and standing taller.

He steps forward and extends his hand towards me "it's a pleasure to meet the woman my little brother is marrying".

I smile at him and shake his hand "the pleasure is all mine" I say. My eyes flick to Lorenzo who is now standing at the doorway with his eyes on me "I do have to say though, I didn't know Lorenzo had a brother"

"Wow" he says, turning to Lorenzo"how could you not tell your fiancee about your amazing big brother. Anyway, I'm Gabriel and I'm guessing he didn't tell you about our sister, Adeline."

"No, he did not tell me about her" I say.

"Well you've only been at here for two days" Lorenzo says to me and then turns to Gabriel "and you know what happened yesterday, I didn't really have time to talk"

Shit, I had forgot about yesterday. How the fuck could I forget that?

"Ahh, yes. The masquerade ball. Victor is pissed and will more than likely come after you. Maybe even start a war." Gabriel says.

Lorenzo walks towards me and slips his arm around my waist, pulling me to the kitchen that is directly across from the living room. He pulls out a barstool for me and motions for me to sit down.

I hop up onto the seat and put my hands in my lap, playing with my fingers.

"So, Rosalie" Gabriel says, taking a seat next to me "your pretty badass" he looks at me with a smile.

"Thanks, I guess" I mumble under my breath.

"No seriously, how the hell did you do that" he says grabbing and apple out of a fruit basket on the island.