Chapter 8

"You ready for this?" Adeline asks

We arrived at the venue an hour ago and the only thing I can think about is if my father is there or not. Because if he's there, then I have to see him.

The father of the year. #No.1dad.

"Do you want me to be honest?" I ask.

"Yes" she smiles softly at me.

"I'm wondering if that bathroom over there has a big enough window for me to climb through"

She chuckles lightly just before a man in I suit walks up to us "it's time" he says.

"Ok" Adeline says taking ahold of my shoulders "your going to do fine and once this is over I'm going to hold you hostage in your own home and watch movies with you. If that's ok with you of course." I smile at her and nod.

I walk to the doors, where I'm supposed to walk through, and take a deep breath.

"Are you ready miss" the man from before asks.

I look at him and nod "yes"

—————————————

"Miss Rossi do you take Lorenzo Bernard to be your lawfully wedded husband."

"I do" I say hesitantly.

"Mr Bernard do you take Rosalie Rossi to be your lawfully wedded wife."

"I do" he says. His face is blank and emotionless.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride" this is the part that I've dreaded the most. He has to kiss me... in front of all of these people.

There has to be at least 350 people here, If not more, and my father is not one of them. I can't lie as much as I didn't want to see him, I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't show up for my wedding.

Or could you technically say this is his wedding. I don't know, all I know is that he didn't show.

Unless he's here but he's hidden away somewhere where I can't see him.

Lorenzo steps forward taking my waist with one of his arms and taking my face with his hand. He leans me back and I close my eyes. And well... I guess brace for impact.

Where in a position where no one can see either of our faces and people begin to clap.

"I'm not going to kiss you" he whispers. His voice deep and dark.

I can't open my eyes. I feel like I'm going to faint not because I thought he was going to kiss me or the fact that he said he wouldn't, but the fact that I'm here in the first place.

I've just got married to a man that I know nothing about. I didn't even know he and siblings until two days ago. And most importantly I've just got married to a man that I don't love.