Chapter 7

I shield my eyes from the light streaming through my bedroom window

I shield my eyes from the light streaming through my bedroom window. Groaning, I turn and check the time.

6am. I'm getting married today.

My father will be at the wedding. I don't think I can face him, I don't even want to be within 10 feet of that duck of a man.

There's a knock at my bedroom door and I startle at the noise. I stand up and walk to the door and unlock it. I turn and walk back to the bed sitting down "come in" I say.

The door creaks open slowly. And then I see Lorenzo standing in the door way. "What is it" I try to say but it comes out as a whisper.

He stares at me for a few beats and then says "you lock the door?"

I look down at my feet "yes"

"You don't have to" he says quietly "you're safe here... it's ok if you still want to but I just want you to know. You're safe."

I look up at him and an emotion flashes through his eyes but I can't pin point what it is. And it's also gone before I can even take a guess.

"Ok" I say and stand up "well, I'm going to start getting ready"

"Ok well, I have work" he says "if you need me, I'll be in my office down the hall"

"Ok" I reply and take a step towards the bathroom.

Lorenzo turns and walks out of the door closing it behind him.

—————————————

I spend the next hour in the shower. Crying. It doesn't count when your in the shower.

I throw on some sweats and go to the kitchen to get an apple. I walk over to the island and grab an apple out of the fruit bowl.

"Oh. My. God." I hear a female voice squeal from behind me. I turn shocked and a tall brunette girl runs towards me, pulling me into a hug.

"Um... hello?" I say.

"Oh my god, sorry" She says pulling back and putting her hands on my shoulders "I'm so sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Adeline, Lorenzo's sister"

"Oh" I say shocked "hi, I'm Rosalie" I smile at her.

"Oh I know all about you." She says with a smile "the badass my brother is marrying"

I laugh quietly and look down at the floor.

"Anyway, I'm here to help you get ready." She links her arm through mine and starts pulling me towards the stairs.

"Ok" I say, smiling at her.

I've never had siblings, so I wonder what it's like to have someone there for you. I always wanted a sister, maybe even a brother.

But my mother always had trouble conceiving and she would always say that I was a miracle. Her little miracle.

God I wish she was here.

My mind can't help but wonder if my father is going to be at the wedding. I don't know if I can face him. I don't really want to face him.

"So..." Adeline says "how are you feeling about this whole wedding thing?" She asks.

"I'm... um... I don't know" I mutter. She doesn't push me for answers after that.

We reach my room and she closes the door behind us. "What are we going to start with. Hair? Makeup?" She says smiling at me.

"I'm fine with whatever" I reply. I don't even want to get married, so I don't think it matters if we start on hair or makeup.

"How about we put some music on and have a little dance around first" Adeline says pulling a speaker out of her bag.

She places it in my bedside table and connects her phone to it. "So, what should I put on paramore, green day, arctic monkeys, Rihanna?"

"Rihanna" I say "I feel like I haven't listened to music in forever"

"Same, it's been like two days" she says laughing. I can't help but laugh to. "Oooo" she says as she put on a Rihanna song. The song that she actually chose though is... S&M.

" 'Cause i may be mad, but I'm perfectly good at it" she sings "sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it"

I sit on the bed and laugh as she dances around the room like a lunatic. She runs over to me and grabs my hands pulling me to my feet. And then we dance.

I let myself forget about the wedding and I just dance. I feel free. I haven't felt like this in a long time. Well I feel free until the song ends and I'm brought back to reality.

That reality being the one where I'm getting married in a few hours and I should probably be getting ready.

"Will look who it is" Adeline says looking towards the door. I turn and see Lorenzo standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. But he's not looking at his sister, he's looking at me "hello brother dearest"

"When did you get here?" He asks her not taking his eyes off me.

"About ten minutes ago" She says grabbing her phone off the bedside table "I thought I'd come and help Rosie get ready" she turns to me "Can I call you Rosie?" she asks.

"Um... yeah, I guess" I smile at her.

"Well I'm helping her get ready" Adeline says "you know? For your wedding"

Oh my god. It's just occurred to me that she didn't know he was getting married.

"Wait... you didn't know?" I ask.

"Nope, I didn't know" she replies "not until about an hour ago" she is pissed. Like really pissed. I feel like in a second she's going to go bright red and steam is going to come out of her ears.

She walks over to the door, where Lorenzo is, and says "well see you at the wedding... dick face" then she flips him off and closes the door in his face.

Boss ass bitch- girl, what the fuck.

"You can chose the next song"

—————————————

We spend the next 3 hours dancing, singing and getting ready for the wedding. My wedding. Fuck my life.

I stand looking at myself in the mirror. This isn't how I imagined looking on my wedding day.

"Wow" Adeline says leaning against the bathroom door "you look gorgeous".

"Thank you" I say quietly. "I don't think I can do this" I say as tears fill my eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey." Adeline says swiftly walking over to me and taking ahold of my shoulders. She looks in my eyes before saying "you can do this. I know you don't want to and if I could get you out of this situation, I would. But right now all I can do right is tell you that it will be ok.

I know my brother is a dick, and I know you probably hate him. But he will protect you, he will keep you safe" I know where I've heard that before.

I take a deep breath "well, it's not like I can get out of this" I say.

It's not like I have a choice.