Chapter 1: Mid-Wilshire

As she walked into the station, she felt as if all eyes were on her. Like everyone knew what happened last night in her apartment. What even happened at my apartment? she asked herself.

   "Chen. Hello?" Tim asked as she woke out of her trance. She had been paralyzed with fear, thinking of the department finding out about her and Tim. Her and Tim.

   "O-oh nothing. I'm gonna go change-" She said while trying to walk away briskly.

   "Lucy, you don't need to change out of your civvies. You'll just change back into the juicy outfit." He rolled his eyes in fake annoyance but truly hoped she saw the worry in his eyes. "Oh. Yeah right." She whispered as she cringed at herself.

   "Chen. Bradford. My office." Grey called to them and they quickly shuffled across the bullpen.

   "What's up sarge? Did you get information on Hajek and his crew?" Lucy asked as she quickly gathered herself. "No, I just wanted to make sure you guys were... comfortable with your assignment. And make sure you had your personal lives squared away in case this takes longer than we thought." Sergeant Grey asked, hinting at the romantic relationship they were about to be thrown into. Not that it's me and Tim's relationship, No! It's fake. Tim doesn't have feelings for me. Tim doesn't want to be with me. He's with Ashley. Not that it matters-

   "Lucy?"

   "Yep! All squared away sir! I need to go get a coffee. I- I'll be right back." She said as she ushered herself out of his office and pretty much ran to the break room.

   Keep it together luce! You can't do this! You're about to be put into a UC operation this can't keep happening! Pull. Yourself. Together. She thought to herself as she went on autopilot while making a coffee. She heard the door open and whipped her head around to stare at her intruder.

   "What. I'm just grabbing a coffee, Chen." Angela smiled as she started walking to the machine. "What's got you on high alert?" She questioned.

   "It's nothing! Tim and I are just going undercover y'know so... just getting prepared I guess." Lucy answered while mixing the sugar into her coffee.

   "I don't believe that for one second Lucy," The officer said before going and closing the break room door, "Now spill! What's going on."

   "I- I don't know..." She admitted. "I didn't want to tell anyone about this but I guess if Tamara knows it'll be spread around here before too long. Look me and Tim... Last night we um- w-..."

"God Lucy, did you hook up finally or something?" She leaned against the table and crossed her arms.

   "NO! no we... We kissed- but it was only for the op! We were... practicing." She admitted. Angela's mouth opened a little as she processed the information given to her. She crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side. "You're telling me, that last night you and Tim Bradford made out... FOR PRACTICE?"

   "Yes! but Angela I don't know what to do! Every time I look at him I think about it and I feel my stomach drop. I don't understand why. I'm with Chris it shouldn't matter to me. I shouldn't be... I shouldn't be thinking about Tim this way!" She cried as Angela walked over and put her hand on Lucy's shoulder. Lucy covered her face with her hands as she spoke.

   "Why do I- Oh my god, I have feelings for him," She said as her shoulders started to shake. Angela quickly put her arms around her to try and comfort the girl. At this moment, Lucy could only wish it was Tim who had his arms around her, whispering words of comfort in her ear.

***

   "Lu-" The door shut quickly as she disappeared into the bullpen. His hand lowered to his side as he felt his body get colder without his aide next to him. He quickly lifted his head and turned around to face Grey after his quick thought of being cold. what the hell does that even mean anyways. he questioned himself.