can't speak

I slowly open my eyes to a dimmed light

I slowly open my eyes to a dimmed light. What happened?

"You woke?"

I look over to see mister leaning up against the wall. I try and sit up but that sends a striking pain through my leg. I would cry out but my throat is dry.

"Don't move  Ya leg broken. Hm, drink sum of this water." Mister brings the cup of water up to my mouth. I take a few swallows. I think I feel better now.

"What happened?" I groan.

"You were hit by a car. You almost died" mister shakes his head. I look at him in shock.

"What?? I don't understand," I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Mmhm, that nigga ran you over and drove off. So you know what that means right?" He gives me a dry look.

I feel a chill run down my back. The look he was giving me...made me uncomfortable.

"No?" I reply back

"It means...some Nigga was trying to kill you. And do you know who that nigga waaassss!!" He raises his voice. I flinch back. Why is he yelling at me??

"No.." I mumbled as tears fell down my face. I felt like a child getting yelled at by my mom.

"That nigga was chance!!! Yeah, Chance!! Who the fuck is chance!! And what would make that nigga wanna run you ova fah??" He gritted through his teeth.

I stare at him in shock. No not chance? He wouldn't do this to me.

"Why you lookin' like dat? Like you don't believe a nigga or sum folks. Look in ya phone." He tosses my phone to me which lands on my leg. I cringe in pain reaching for it. I unlocked the phone looking at the messages he was sending me.

I shake my head in shame and fright. That chance would hurt me like this. I thought we were done. I thought he was done. I felt horrible...like this was all my fault.

I gasps for air as I sobbed looking at the messages. Mister takes the phone from me and turns it off.

"So....today is August 3rd, 2022. You were out for 3 months. If you cared to know."

I wipe my tears, "mister I-"

"Save that shit, who the fuck is chance! And you bet not lie,"

"He's- he's my ex-boyfriend," I choke out, this just felt so wrong saying this to him.

"So das yo nigga huh? You fucked him?"

"No, Mister you were my first. I told you that," I snap a little, why is he acting like that?

"Ion trust you, and for you to even get wit a crazy ass, bitch nigga like that! speaks more bout ya character lil folks, you feel me"

I gave him a hateful glare "how was I supposed to know??? Huh! Just get out! Leave!" I raise my voice at him. He was making me sick.

He gets up from his chair and leans into me. "You love him?"

"No, no I don't mister," I say while looking into his eyes.

"That's all I need to know doll,"

He gets up and leaves out the room.