Chapter 2: The Bet

Anais grinned and walked over to the brothers to put her plan into motion.

"Hey, we're gonna play a board game together, you gonna come join?"

"Hmm...yeah, alright, seems like fun." Gumball replied.

"You know what would make it even more fun?"

"What?" He asked

"How about me and you make a little bet, spice it up a bit."

"Oh?" His ears pricked up interested. "What were you thinking of?"

"Hmmm. If you win the game I'll do half of your chores for you whilst you're on your trip, but, if I win, you have to stay behind and watch Daisy the Donkey with me every day instead."

His eyes widened. "What!? No way! You know how much I'm looking forward to that trip, why would you even suggest something like that!?"

"What's wrong? Is wittle Gummy scared he's gonna lose to his wittle sister?" She said in a mocking voice.

"Yes, I am, and I'm not afraid to admit that! There is absolutely no way I'm risking missing out on that trip, especially not on something as stupid as a bet, so sorry, but no, I'm gonna do the smart thing for once and just walk away!"

They began to walk over to the table.

"Sure, go ahead. Just don't be surprised if Mom somehow happens to find out that it was you who broke her china vase the other day."

He froze. "What...?"

"Well, if you don't agree to this bet, there's a chance I might, I don't know, slip up and accidentally tell her it was you. Who knows, it's up to you to find out I guess." She shrugged.

He turned around, unable to believe what he was hearing. "You're...you're blackmailing me!? Your own brother?! How could you?!" He said in disbelief.

"Technically no, I said I might tell her. Who's to say if I will or not? If you wanna risk it then sure, go ahead and walk away."

He paused thinking then crossed his arms. "I don't believe you. I know you, you would never do something like that to me. I know you wouldn't, you could never be so cruel!"

"Wouldn't I? Are you sure about that? Are you sure you wanna risk it?" She grinned.

He wanted to say yes but hesitated. Would she go as far as to blackmail him into agreeing to such a cruel bet? No...she would never go through with her threat...she would never do something like that to him...right?!

She saw him hesitating and thinking about it and grinned. "That's what I thought."

"Come on, can't we just drop this? I just wanna play the game and have some fun!"

"Oh, of course we can..."

"Really? Oh, thank y-"