Chapter 3: An Explosive Game

The five of them took turns rolling the dice to see what order they would go in.

Darwin rolled and got a three, Nicole got a four, and Richard a two.

"Just us two left to roll. Whoever gets higher will have an advantage the whole game."

Anais did her roll and got a five.

"A five huh?" She grinned. "Guess you need a six or you'll be at the biggest disadvantage out of all of us. Good luck!" She chuckled.

He looked at her annoyed before picking up the dice.

"Come on, gimme a six, gimme a six!"

He closed his eyes and made his roll.

He opened his eyes and his ears immediately lowered. He'd gotten a one.

"Ooh, a one. Too bad. The game hasn't even started yet and you're already losing. This doesn't look good for you..."

She giggled and he looked away from her annoyed.

He looked at Darwin next to him with a worried look.

"It's alright, you still have plenty of time to turn things around."

"I hope so..."

They began the game. Gumball was doing decent but Anais was doing slightly better, her teasing him and rubbing it in his face the whole time.

Eventually, he ended up managing to pass her.

"Yes!" He grinned. "Not so confident now are you?"

She simply smiled and moved her piece backward.

He raised his eyebrow confused.

"Wha-hey! Mom, Gumball's cheating, he just moved my piece back!" She said pretending to be upset.

"Wait what!? No, I didn't, you did!"

Nicole rolled her eyes. "Gumball don't start cheating please, we were having a great time until now."

"But I didn't! She moved her own piece back!"

"Don't start denying it, Anais caught you red-handed."

"She's lying!"

Nicole moved Anais's piece back and then moved Gumball's to last place.

"What!? Why did you move mine back!?"

"If you're going to cheat then you can move back to last place."

"BUT I DIDN'T CHEAT!" He snapped.

"Don't raise your voice at me, mister, you only have yourself to blame!"

"Grrrrr!"