𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Aaron Linhart sat at the cafe, his head bowed down. It was stuffy, the room warm with heat from the sun streaming in from the expansive windows.

Aaron sat and stirred the sugar into his coffee. He was waiting for something.

A man, maybe about 40 years old, sat across from Aaron. He had a coffee cup in his hand and, sitting across from the 19-year-old, seemed much more like an executive than he actually was.

"Mr Linhart," the man said.

Aaron looked up from his drink before saying, bored, "Mr Dubenich."

Dubenich slid a file, from his bag, across the table. "Someone stole the designs for an airplane I have been working on for months."

"And you need me to find them?" Aaron asked, taking a sip of his warm drink.

Dubenich shook his head. "No, I know where they are. I need you to steal them back for me."

Aaron cocked an eyebrow. "So what do you need me for?" He said while skimming over the file he had been handed. "Pierson Aeronautics stole your designs, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Look, I'm serious. Look, look at the people I've already hired." Dubenich flipped the file to the second page. "I mean, do you recognise any of these names?"

Aaron's eyes grew wide. "I've run into each of them at one time or another," He read further before huffing a slight laugh. "Symona? You got Symona?"

"Is there anyone better?"

"No?" Aaron blinked in surprise. "But she doesn't work for anyone, she has her own morals."

"Yes," Dubenich said, calmly. "That's why I need you, to keep her and the rest of the team, in line."

Aaron stared calmly. This was a meeting of the minds, not a meeting for brash emotions.

"Are you in?"

"Look, I respect your underhandedness, but it's not gonna work." Aaron tapped the list. "These people you hired, all have the same reputation. They work alone. They always work alone. There are no exceptions. There's no way they're gonna work for you."

Dubenich smiled, "No, they will, they will. For $300,000 each, they will." He looked up to see Aarons dubious looking face. "And you, for running it, will get double that."

Aaron nodded, "Fine, I'm all yours."