𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕛𝕠𝕓 (𝕡𝕥 𝟛)

TRIGGER WARNING THIS CHAPTER for voluntary vomiting

"You don't have to trust me," Aaron said. "I get that you won't. We're all thieves and there is no honour amongst thieves, but there can be trust in a crew and I need you all to trust that we can each do our own parts to get out of here."

"Good speech, man," Blake said. "I'm in."

"Me too," Kath sighed. "Against my better judgement."

"Fine, I guess I'll help."

Aaron grinned, "Okay, then Symona, phone please?"

Symona screwed her face up in a very upset-looking face. "Oh, this is going to suck." She stuck two fingers down her throat and bent over in pain as she retched.

"Oh hell no!" Blake cried.

~

"Nausea could mean a concussion," A doctor said, checking Symona's temperature while Sym lay on the hospital bed compliantly. "If you feel any more effects or blurred vision, tell the policeman right away."

Symona nodded like a child, agreeing quickly so that they would leave her the hell alone.

The Officer, who was posted outside their door, checked on Symona and Blake's handcuffs before nodding and leaving the room, back to her post guarding the door.

After the doctor left, Symona popped up, a smartphone in her hand. From the other bed, Blake held up a flip phone, they both looked at their phones and then the others and then tossed their phone to the other. Blake could do more with a smartphone than Symona could.

Symona holds up the keys she stole and tossed them to Blake who fumbled them for a moment before catching them properly to unlock herself.

Obviously, Symona had picked the locks on her handcuffs in almost a second and she stood on the nightstand between her bed and Blake's to shove the flip phone through the grates of the vent. "Aaron, phone," She said, bluntly.

"Yeah, I got it," Aaron said, receiving the flip phone from the vent. "So the trick is to give them what they want. They're expecting a phone call, right?" He tosses the phone to Kath who grins as she opens the phone.

A nurse approaches a police officer in a long hospital hallway, "There's an outside call for you. Line 2."

The police officer stands up and follows the nurse towards the foyer.

Blake holds up the smartphone in front of her face and makes a professional expression. "Okay." She presses a few more buttons before she smiles excitedly.

"Uh, this is Deputy Burns," the officer said, as he picked up the phone.

Kath's sharp and gruff voice spoke through the phone. "This is Detective Lieutenant Carden with the Illinois State Police. We got those prints that you sent us." Kath's voice dripped with authority. "The problem I have is that they're sending up red flags all over the place and I've got somebody on the phone for you from the FBI down there in Washington. Can you hold, son?"