𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕛𝕠𝕓 (𝕡𝕥 𝟚)

A sharp noise jolted Aaron out of his sleep. The sun streaming through the windows of the hotel room highlighted the ringing cell phone on the nightstand. Aaron grabbed the cell phone and, without looking to see who may be calling, flipped it open and put it up to his ear.

"You screwed me!" Dubenich's loud voice shocked Aaron out of bed.

"What?"

"The designs never got to me," Dubenich screamed through the phone.

Aaron immediately became upset and defensive, "No, I watched them go out."

"I don't know what you saw but I got nothing. NOTHING!"

Aaron rolled his eyes, "Look, I told you you couldn't trust them."

"It is not my job to trust anybody that is what you were here for." Dubenich decreased in volume and got more aggressive, "I am freezing the payments. I am freezing all the payments."

"Look, look, I can come over there right now. We can straighten that right now." Aaron grabbed a pair of pants out of his suitcase and pulled them on while digging for a shirt.

Dubenich snapped back faster than he had before, "No, no, no do not come here. My company has an old aircraft facility outside the city and I will text you the address and you will be there in one hour." He hung up and then, from his office at Bering Aerospace, took a calm sip of his coffee.

~

Aaron walked through a warehouse that seemed to be abandoned. There was no furniture or machines and the thick layer of dust on the floor was not conducive to any actual sneaking.

A large room in the middle held two people arguing with raised voices.

"You wanna tell me what happened with the designs?"

"What makes you think I know what happened?" Kath's distinctive voice huffed. "Stupid."

Aaron entered the room and almost huffed a laugh as Blake stood, the gun in her hand levelled at Kath's head. Kath was standing with a displeased expression on his face, completely unconcerned about the gun pointed at their face.

"Look, forget you, man. I bet you did it when we were coming down from the elevator," Blake said, her voice sounding vaguely frantic.

Kath grinned, annoyed, "Yeah, that makes sense doesn't it? You had the file every second."

"Hold up Kujo, I did my part, I transferred the files-" Blake was interrupted.

"You better get that gun out of my face..." Kath warned, his voice gruff and intimidating.

Blake cut in, "What did you do?"

Kath finished his threat, "or else I'm gonna feed it to you."

Aaron finally decided it was time to interrupt. Kath was seeming more and more agitated by the accusations and Blake genuinely looked like she was ready to shoot them. "Hey!"

They both turn, Blake training the gun onto Aaron and Kath turning his body towards the man who just interrupted their argument.

"Did you do it? You're the only one that's ever played both sides," Kath asked Aaron.

Aaron sighed, "Yeah, well you seem pretty relaxed for a guy with a gun pointed at him."

Kath rolled their eyes, "The safety's on."