Chapter 5: "Game Plan"

We– as in Master Kenobi, Master Skywalker, Ahsoka, and the troops– gather into the "war room" after dinner is finished. Ahsoka introduced me to Master Kenobi's men already.

"We don't have a lot to work with, but I think we have enough," Master Skywalker says, powering up a rough hologram of the Separatist base. "As you know, we need to get in, get the vital information, and blow the place to smithereens. Obi-Wan and I have been talking, and we think we have a pretty good idea of how to make this work, but we could use some suggestions."

Master Skywalker and Obi-Wan lay out a rough plan. It has many holes in it, but it's a start.

"I still don't know how we'd get in, though," Anakin muses, holding his chin in his fist. "The main entrances are heavily guarded, the overhead passes are too obvious, and cutting a hole in the wall is not an option."

"Yes, very creative, Anakin," Master Kenobi rolls his eyes sarcastically. "Can't you think of anything?"

"The front air shaft," I whisper to myself, ensuring that it's hardly audible. I'm not allowed to speak in briefings... not Master Krell's, anyway.

"What did you say?" Master Skywalker asks, causing all the eyes in the room to turn to me.

"Sorry, I just said the front air shafts," I half-mumble, sheepish.

"If you have an idea, Birdie, you need to speak up," Master Kenobi prompts. "What front air shafts?"

"Every Separatist base is required to have one. It's an air shaft in the front of the base, here in this general area." I point to the holo map. "The Separatists try to hide it, but they have to have it because it's protocol."

Master Skywalker stares at me. "How'd you know that?"

"Master Krell encourages me to study lots," I say quickly. Really, I study anything I possibly can to escape the hardships of being his padawan, but I can't say that out loud. "Anyways, the shaft is pretty small, but Padawan Tano and I can fit in for sure. I'm not sure about anyone else, though."

"Brilliant," Master Kenobi praises. "That would make it much simpler. If the padawans get in through the vents and set the charges in there, they can get the information and get out quickly, then blow the place. The rest of us can provide a distraction and backup."

"Ugh, it's Geonosis all over again," Master Skywalker groans.

"We'll be fine, Master," Ahsoka rolls her eyes. "You worry too much."

"If it'll make you feel better, we can send a few men to provide cover for when they enter and exit," Master Kenobi suggests. "If anything goes wrong while they're in there, the men can help them so it's not another Geonosis mission."

"Fine," Master Skywalker huffs, but I can tell that he's tense. His fist is clenched. "They can go in through the air shaft, set the charges, get the information, get out, and then blow the place. Remember that order, Ahsoka, and no tanks."

I'm a bit confused about what they're talking about, but it must have something to do with Geonosis, whatever happened then.

"You're being dramatic," Ahsoka crosses her arms over her chest.

"You almost died." Master Skywalker tenses further.

"Control yourself, Anakin," Obi-Wan chides. "It's in the past now, stop worrying. It was Ahsoka's decision anyway and I'm sure there will be an alternative this time."

Master Skywalker lets out a long breath and relaxes, going back to shaping up the plan.

Finally, we have a workable plan. The mission should be easy: in and out with minimal casualties. I hope.