The future's open wide, beyond believing

•Rose Hathaway•

            Beep. Beep. Beep goes my alarm. I groan and yank it and throw it against the wall. After it stops I sigh in relief, suddenly I hear feet running in my room. I look up and notice Viktoria looking around my room. "What was that Roza?" Viktoria asks.

          "Oh sorry if I woke you up Viktoria. I'm notorious for my dislike of alarm clocks. I've gone through a lot of alarm clocks over the years." I chuckle before pointing to my alarm clock on the floor.

             "It's okay Roza, it startled me. I thought you fell out of bed. And I've told you you don't have to be formal, just call me Vika. You're going to be my sister in law one day. Even if I have to get my sisters and babushka to help me beat some sense into Dimka's head. Shit Mama might even help us. Everyone loves you Roza." Vikt-no Vika says grinning. If a shark could smile it would match Vika's look perfectly.

              "Umm Vika you do remember what I told you your brother told me before I left? I highly doubt he wants to marry me. Even if that were something I wanted he's made his feelings clear. Also why are you here and not back in Baia? It's summer break." I ask sitting up and wiping my face with my hand her eyes gain a weird glint in them when I ask that.

          "Oh banushka told me I would need to stay over summer break. But I would be visiting home often. And my brother is a filthy liar, he has to be, because after everything you two have done for another you must be soulmates. It's okay once I tell everyone what he's done they will make him see his errors." Vika grins sharply.

       Suddenly there's a loud knock at the door and I run to open it only to find Baba and Pavel waiting there. "Come in Baba, Pavel. I'm sure you wouldn't be here if it wasn't important." I invite them in.

             They sit down at the kitchen table and Vika joins us. "Wait..?! Did you just say Baba?! Zmey is your dad, Roza?! Ohhh that honestly makes so much sense now." Vika squeaks looking between Baba's face and mine. Baba laughs and she blushes.

          "Hello Kiz. I see you're settling in nicely. Unfortunately I'm here to inform you that Queen Tatiana has been murdered. And whoever did it used your stake to do it. Seems someone ransacked your room after you left. Fortunately Hans Croft knows it wasn't you as you were already on your way here when it happened. She left a note behind for you but since you weren't there to get it Hans read it and found out some important information regarding your bond mate. She has a half sibling out there, so he's sent a team to find them. So I wanted to give you a heads up in case you were pulled into the bond." Baba informs me seriously.

         "Hmm can't say upset the bitch is dead, what with her getting that idiotic age law passed before her death. I can't believe someone would frame me. I may have had my issues with queen bitch but I wouldn't have murdered her. And I especially wouldn't have gotten caught using my own weapon. Any ideas on who might be the next king or queen?" I ask. Hmm I'm gonna have to find a way to contact Adrian and let him know I'm thinking about him.

               "Hmm since Queen Tatiana was known to be grooming Princess Vasilisa to be next queen she's a strong possibility. Hans has also agreed to keep me informed of the search for the real killer." Baba grins panther like. "Oh also I'm to escort you to meet your new charge for lunch Kiz. So you might want to freshen up. We leave in an hour. " Baba grins as I jump up and run to my room and shit and lock the door. I set out clothes before heading into the connected bathroom.

             I brush my teeth and then use the restroom before washing my hands. I wash my face and then hop in the shower and take a quick shower but leave my hair up. I don't have the time to blow dry it or anything. Once I'm done I wrap a towel around me and begin to dry off. I pull on a brown lingerie set before throwing on some deodorant and a hint of body spray. I then slip on socks before pulling on my maroon cropped blouse.