Chapter 1 - Iris

"" - Monlogues
(Y/N) - Your Name
______________________________________

A spark of light thrashes into the grim red sky.

The countless voices within fierce hoardes of contesting battalions hurdling themselves toward each other ready to give there all to a cause.

The battlefield fuels their adrenaline into their inevitable demise.

A swing of a sword.

A blast of a spell.

A taste of death.

Death.

Death....

The sun tickles my eyes as I wake up on top of one of the school's buildings. The other one looks newer while the one i'm on top of looks much older.

I yawn.

(Y/N): "Ouaghhh... Looks like I just up and slept here. There wasn't really much to do last night anyways other than go to this school. I should have looked around a little bit more..."

...

I wonder how Dave is doing...

I snap my fingers and a small dimensional crack appears in front of me the size of a smartphone and a face appears.

Dave: "..Ah, took you long enough, sir."

(Y/N): "My bad, I got a bit too carried away with looking around last night."

Dave: "No matter. That is what you went there for... right?"

(Y/N): "Well yeah, but I also ended up meeting a fallen angel. She was pretty weak."

Dave: "Then it is none of your concern. Although, I would advise trying to have as much fun as possible and maybeee that would mean obliterating her?..."

(Y/N): "Hm. Maybe you're right. Thank you for the advice. I will take it into consideration."

Dave: "No need. Good luck in your endeavors. Remember, keep in touch."

(Y/N): "I will. Goodbye.-"

Dave: "One more thing, if I may."

(Y/N): "What is it?"

Dave: "I've taken the liberty of forging you enrollment papers for all of the schools currently in Kuoh. I already know the schools were at least one of your intrests down there."

(Y/N): "You've done well. I thank you."

Dave: "Again, there is no need to thank me. I am just a mere servant of he who reigns down unto the light."

I slightly chuckle at that.

(Y/N): "For now, I am just (Y/N). An ordinary boy. Though, in time I wish to see just how much more powerful 'they' have gotten over time. I hope they can at least put up a fight."

Dave: "I figured as much. Well, you best be off now. This is good bye for now."

(Y/N): "So it is. I'll catch you later, Dave."

He shoots me a somewhat irritated look before the crack seals itself back up as if nothing was there in the first place.

...

Well fuck. What do I do now?

Just then, I hear the students coming toward the gate at the other building.

(Y/N): "Well that's something I guess."

I get up a little sluggishly before I start to sneak out of the school grounds with my destination being the school gate.
______________________________________