A Thousand Times

January 29, 2022

The rest of the long weekend getaway had flown by, and Emily and Sue spent it exploring the mountains, visiting some local shops, going out on dates, and just enjoying their alone time together at the cabin. The weekend quickly wrapped up and they returned to work on Monday.

They had just wrapped up their week back at work and it had been a busy one. They had no plans for the evening since Boston had been going through a blizzard since the day prior and it wasn't supposed to stop completely until early Saturday afternoon. They worked from home in their pajamas all day as the snow fell slowly outside their window—accumulating quickly. There was already well over a foot of snow on the ground and if the meteorologists were right on the news, they would have an almost two-foot accumulation by the time the storm was completely finished the following day.

Emily stood at the kitchen island and poured wine into two glasses, her eyes moving from the liquid to Sue's back in the living room as she stared at the snow falling outside the large window. She had just put a frozen pizza in the oven for them to have for dinner and unwind for the evening. She smiled to herself as she grabbed the wine glasses and made her way over toward Sue.

"Here you go, my love." Emily said, approaching Sue from the side with the wine glass.

Sue took the glass from Emily and smiled back at her, "Thank you." She said, her voice low. She took a sip and looked out the window again, "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Emily sipped from her glass and wrapped her arm around Sue's shoulder, pulling her body against hers, "I'd say." She stared out the window for a moment and then back to Sue, "We haven't had this much snow in a while—not even last winter!"

Sue nodded, "Biggest snowfall in the past couple years was what they were saying on the news this morning." She wrapped her arm around Emily's back, so they were both in each other's embrace now. She played with the fabric of Emily's tank top as she held onto her tightly, now nervously taking a sip from her glass before speaking, "So... can we touch back on that conversation about kids?"

Emily turned to look down at Sue and grinned, "Of course." They pulled away from each other's embrace and Emily grabbed Sue's hand, "Come on, Susie." She said, leading them both over to the big armchair they had set up in their living room adjacent to the couch.

Emily took a seat and pulled Sue down onto her lap. She had her right arm wrapped around her back that was leaning on the arm of the chair and her other arm resting atop her legs that were in her lap—her wine glass in hand. Sue had her left arm wrapped around Emily's shoulder and her wine glass in the opposite hand. They both took another sip from their glasses before locking eyes.

"So... kids, huh baby?" Emily said, her voice a bit shaky. She was nervous by it all—kids are a huge responsibility.

Sue nodded, "Yes—I want to raise children with you and I—I think it's important we start talking about it—even if it doesn't happen until a few years down the road. All I know is that you will make a great mother and I know together you and I would raise an amazing child—don't you think so, too, Emily?"

Emily inhaled sharply, thinking for a moment before finally speaking, "I think so, too." She agreed, her voice low. She brought her lips up to Sue's cheek and pecked her a couple of times, "I do want a family with you. We just need to plan."

Sue nodded, "Oh, I know. I've already been solo thinking about it." She teased, wagging her eyebrows at her.

"Oh, have you?" Emily flirted, a smirk on her face.

Sue nodded again, "Mhm. Realistically, if we're going to have kids, we should probably buy a house first because I don't want to raise them in the city..." Sue started, sipping from her glass.