Epilogue: The Lady

Where am I...what's happening...I feel... strange... where is my body...who am I...

I can answer your questions. A voice resounded through the swirling mists of nothingness. Your name is Mosquito, and you're dead. As for where you are, your soul is trapped in my web.

Mosquito... that's right... mosquito...

A figure stepped closer out of the mists, walking towards Mosquito's disembodied consciousness.

Who are you... why did you trap me... is it because... of all the things I did... I can feel the sorrow now... can you tell my brother I'm sorry... bringing pain is... exciting... but not worth it... not worth hurting him...

Too late. You're mine now, all your memories... everything that made you... you. The voice was a low, female voice, but elegant. Poised.

I can see you now... you're... a RainWing...

I'm not a RainWing, I am destruction, devastation, terror. I am the ultimate being, a force of nature, and I need a new host. You see, your brother's little friend Rose found my amulet. She doesn't know all the things that it does. She doesn't know that I can drive her mad, until she's begging me, begging me to take her over.

I won't... let you... Caiman... would be... sad...

Who said you had a choice? Who said you could stop me? The figure, still partially obscured by mist, let out a laugh that sent a cold chill throughout Mosquito's incorporeal being.

Then, it began. A suctioning feeling, beginning as an intense pressure, building, building, and building until it felt as though (if Mosquito still had a body) her brain was being ripped out of her head by the force of magnetism. Once the memories broke away from Mosquito's form, they snapped into the body of the dragon. There was nothing left of Mosquito when she was done, just a thin layer of mist left in her place that now coiled and curled along with everything else in the dragon's web.

I am Lady Devastation, and soon all of you will know my name.