Chapter 1

"Hey dude, you've just got to stop complaining now. You do look pretty."

"So you say. Look at all these girls Anna. I mean, they all look like supermodels.And where do I stand? I am just a fatty!" I tell me bestfriend.

"God! Please not this conversation again Hayel! I am in no mood for this. You look pretty in that dress and we are going inside the party now! End of conversation." She stamps her foot in a rather unlady like way, I must say and tells me to follow her. I pull me dress down, wishing for the hundredth time that it was a little longer and then finally follow her.

"Hey ladies! You look lovely tonight." John, Anna's boyfriend says.The compliment makes me blush and he smirks.

"By the way can I borrow her for sometime? If you don't mind?"

"No problems. Go ahead." I say and then turn to Anna "Just call me when you are ready to leave." I tell her and find my way to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

I take a diet coke and while leaving the kitchen I bump into somebody.

"Hey watch where you are going! You spilled my drink on me!" the guy yells and I look up at him ready to apologise and boom! Oh Mon Dieu! The most gorgeous guy I have ever seen. Does he go to my shool, I wonder. And then I realize that he has been talking.

"I am sorry but can you repeat that?"

"I said that a sorry wouldn't kill you." he says and I blush. Talk about a bad first impression.

"I am very sorry. Really. Do you want me to get you another drink?"

"No that'll be alright. By the way, I am Walter."

"Nice to meet you Walter. I am Hayel."

"I know."

"You do? Do you go to the same school or what?" I ask him bemused and wondering how on earth did I never notice this guy before.

"I am in most of your classes. Have been for two years now. I used to think you are a total nerd. No offence."

"None taken. I guess you are kind of right. I am not a social butterfly. But unfortunately, my best friend is. And that explains why I am here tonight."

"Well it is very loud in here. Don't you think?"

"Um yes. Lets go out."

"I was about to say the same thing. Lets go." he says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first short story on wattpad!!

please comment.. (even if you don't like it. Criticism is welcome.)

Thanku!

Happy Reading!!