Practice Makes Perfect

Ava was awestruck. She couldn't believe what she had done, she couldn't believe that she could actually grow things using just her hands.

Ava walked back to the her house, away from all the animals. Mrs. Payne walked through the front door a few minutes after Ava. It creaked a little, then Mrs. Payne said, "Ava! Come fix this door it's creaking. Before you do that you have to bring in the clothes that we bought."

"No!" Ava replied strongly.

"What do you mean no." Mrs. Payne said angrily.

 "I think you know what it means." Ava said with her eyes flashing to red.

"Yes, I do know what it means. It means get over here and fix the door." Mrs. Payne yelled sternly.

"No." Ava said again this time noticing a little, skinny vine creeping through a crack in their broken roof. The vine was curling down to Mrs. Payne's legs. It started wrapping around her shoes. It was like the plants had a mind of their own. The vine tightened around her leg even more. Mrs. Payne screamed as Ava watched the vines suspend her up in the air. At this point the vines had wrapped all around Mrs. Payne, she couldn't yell for help because her mouth was covered by the vines. The vines stopped growing, but then little pink flower buds started to form, butterflies were coming out of cocoons, birds came out of nest that just magically appeared.

Jade, Becca, and Piper came into the house and saw Mrs. Payne tangled in vines, struggling to break free. They looked at ava like she was a monster. They acted like they knew what happened. Ava stormed out of the house and went to the cherry tree. She sat down wondering what would happen if Mrs. Payne got out of the vines, "Would she call the police? Would she keep her in her room forever? Would she think it's all a dream?"

When the sun started to set ava tried to sneak back inside the house. Ava knew that none of them would lock the door because they never had to do it. The door creaked open, the vines were still hanging from the ceiling, but Mrs. Payne wasn't stuck. "She must've gotten out," Ava thought to herself.

Mrs. Payne was waiting in the kitchen for Ava, she told her that she called child services to take her to a new foster home. Ava noticed an empty wine bottle on the counter next to her. And Mrs. Payne did look dizzy.

Ava went upstairs to pack her things. She only had some torn, beat up clothes and her baby blanket. Her blanket was burnt and ripped. It got caught in a fire, the fire that killed her mom.

Ava was found wrapped up in a wet baby blanket. Her mom knew that Ava could protect herself from natural elements. She can control water, fire, earth, wind, plants, and animals. Ava's mom, Phoebe, had powers too. She could control time, but a demon had stole her powers and set their house on fire. What Phoebe didn't know was that the demon was after Ava not her. The demon could see the future, Ava was destined to become the leader of good. Ava was going to kill him, the leader of evil. Phoebe said a spell,

                            "Suppress this evil,

                    let him stop hurting people,

          send him back from whence he came.

                  Send him back to his domain."

Lights flashed, Phoebe collapsed, Ava's eyes flashed red, and all of a sudden the house flooded with water.

  Firemen knocked down the door and rushed into the room Ava was in. They saw Phoebe laying dead holding Ava and another baby. They couldn't believe that a baby could survive a fire of that size.

Ava snapped back into reality and finished packing her stuff in her suitcase, she dragged it down the stairs. The car was already there to pick her up. She sat in the front seat after putting her suitcase in the trunk. Ava was happy that she finally escaped from that house. But she was worried about her next family.

The car ride to the new foster home was all the way in Texas. Ava is traveling from California. Texas is where she was born, where her mom had died. The lady transferring her is the only person that drove her from place to place. The lady's name is Samantha, Sam for short. Sam is the only person Ava truly trusted. Sam is the only person who will always be there for Ava. 

 Ava and Sam had been driving for ten hours so they decided to stop and get a sandwich. They were running low on gas anyways and there was a gas station nearby. After they ate they hit the road. About an hour after they stopped at the gas station, they saw a car on flipped over on it's side. It was caught on fire. Sam pulled over and tried to get the man out of the car, but the flames were too large and the car door was blocked. Ava took a deep breath, put her hands in the direction of the fire, and focused on it. Ava's eyes flashed red and water came shooting out of her hands. She then focused on flipping the car upright with vines. Ava waved her hands the way she wanted the vines to grow so the car would flip. Once the car flipped Sam ran to the car and pulled an old man out. He was bleeding, but he was still breathing, barely though. Sam called the paramedics. Ava accidently set fire to the vines that she grew. They burnt down in only a few minutes. Ava was shocked by all the other things she could with her powers.

The paramedics got there soon after. They questioned Ava and Sam about how they found this man. Sam said the truth, "We saw a car in the ditch and helped them out." She just left out the part about Ava using magic. Ava said the same thing, so she wouldn't seem suspicious.

"I see you're coming into your powers," Sam said softly once they got in the car and started driving.

 "How did you know I could use magic?" asked Ava. 

"You did it in the car when you were a baby. I drove you to every foster home you've been in. I did this to protect your secret." 

" How come you never told me that I had powers when I was younger?" Ava asked.

"You always had powers, you just forgot how to use them over time," Sam replied.

"Wow," Ava said tiredly. After a while of looking out the window, Ava fell asleep.