Chapter 24: Tensions

The atmosphere was electric with tension as Castiel faced off against her twin, Cariel. The air was charged with a palpable sense of rivalry and betrayal, as if the very fabric of their existence was being torn apart. The sound of clashing blades echoed through the desolate landscape, punctuated by the heavy breathing of the two angelic foes.

Castiel's eyes blazed with a fierce determination as she gazed at Cariel, her twin blades held at the ready. The ground beneath their feet seemed to tremble with the weight of their confrontation, as if the earth itself was aware of the high stakes of this battle.

Cariel's snarl was like a crack of thunder, her eyes flashing with a malevolent intensity  but Castiel's response was swift and decisive, her blades meeting Cariel's scythe with a shower of sparks. The impact was like a shockwave, the sound of shattering metal echoing through the air.

The silence that followed was oppressive, the only sound the heavy breathing of the two angels as they faced off against each other. Castiel's words were laced with venom, her anger and betrayal palpable as she spat at Cariel, "You are no angel of death." The air seemed to vibrate with tension, as if the very fate of the world hung in the balance.
Castiel's eyes blazed with a fierce anger, her mind reeling with emotions. She was angry at herself for being too slow and oblivious, angry at Rafael for failing to protect Emily, and most of all, she despised Cariel for stealing innocent Emily from her.

"Ah, the favorite daughter, who was glorified while I suffered," Cariel mocked, her voice laced with bitterness. Her eyes flashed with a malevolent intensity, her ruined scythe at the ready.

Castiel's jaw clenched, her teeth grinding in frustration. "What the hell do you want?" she growled, her voice low and menacing. She had heard stories of Cariel, the twin angel who had been cast out of the Golden City, never to be seen again. Or so she thought.

"I want what rightfully belongs to me!" Cariel screeched, her voice echoing through the desolate landscape. With a fierce cry, she raised her ruined scythe and flew up to attack Castiel, her movements swift and deadly.
Caz deflects the blow easily, returning the attack with a swift kick to Cariel's stomach. Without letting her recover, Caz unleashes a flurry of punches, each one landing with precision and force. She lifts Cariel up and slams her onto the ground, creating craters in the earth. Jumping down on Cariel, she continues to pummel her, fueled by rage and a desire for vengeance.

All Castiel sees is red, her vision consumed by a fierce determination to eliminate Cariel. "How dare you!" she cries out, pulling out her twin swords and aiming for Cariel's eyes. But just as she's about to strike, Cariel teleports out of her hold, leaving Castiel stunned and off-balance.

Cariel materializes in a subway station in Brooklyn, spitting out golden blood as she struggles to stay upright. She can feel her strength waning, her vision blurring. She had underestimated Castiel, but she wouldn't make the same mistake again. With a sinister grin, she reveals that Plan B has been completed successfully, and now it's time for Plan C. Throwing open a portal, she disappears into its depths, leaving Castiel to seethe with anger and frustration.

—_—

"You lied to me brother"

Lucifer stares confusedly at Cariel, why the hell would she accuse him of something so hideous and downright evil.

"I do not lie Cariel, you of all people should know this" He drawls out slowly.
Cariel's laughter was like a crack of thunder, startling Lucifer's shadows and sending them scurrying for cover in their master's cloaks, while hissing angrily at her. "Of course, you don't lie, Lucifer," she spat, her words dripping with venom. "You're just a master of evasion and manipulation."

Lucifer's eyes flashed with warning, his voice low and even. "Do not forget whom you are dealing with, Cariel."

But Cariel was unfazed, her cackle sending chills down Lucifer's spine. "What you're gonna do bro, cry me a river?" She lets out a horrifying cackle, her eyes gleaming with malevolence as she rubs her belly. "Holy shit, I already know who I'm dealing with, alright? And we already know you don't have any choice but to work with me."

Lucifer's jaw clenched, his eyes burning with resentment. But he knew he was beat. "Fine," he conceded, his voice dripping with reluctance. "What do you want from me?"
"I want an army, Luc, I wanna kill that bitch, and Luc?" Lucifer arches his brow at that. "What?" He barks with exasperation, his patience wearing thin. "Don't try anything funny, or I'd know, bro." She says with a sly grin, before throwing open a portal and sauntering through it, leaving Lucifer seething.

"Asmodeus!" Lucifer calls out, his voice echoing through the halls. Asmodeus, caught off guard while enjoying a drink with Morpheus and Rasheus, excuses himself and appears before his master. "Lord Lucifer, you summoned me." He bows his head respectfully.

Lucifer glides gracefully and sits on his throne. "Plan B was a success, prepare for plan D." Asmodeus's brow furrows in confusion, thinking to himself, "I thought the next plan was to be C, why skip to D?" But he doesn't dare question his lord's decisions. "Yes, my Lord." He agrees without hesitation, then turns to leave.

"And Asmodeus?" Lucifer calls out, halting the departing demon. "Yes, my Lord?" "Keep an eye on Cariel, I do not trust her." Lucifer's eyes narrow, his voice laced with suspicion.

***

And that's a wrap guys, so how did I do?