Chapter 4 - Wanda's and Nathaniel's first day of school

It is Monday morning at 6:45 am, and Laura walks into Wanda's room to wake her up. "Wanda, it's the first day of school," Wanda shot out of bed, "woah," Laura said, "I never seen anyone get out of bed so fast." "I'm excited mommy," Wanda said, Laura got her bathed, and dressed, and her hair done for the first day of school. Downstairs Laura got breakfast for Wanda, and Nathaniel. After breakfast, Laura sent them both upstairs to brush their teeth. Then they got into the car, and Clint drove them to school. Once at school, Nathaniel went straight to his class, but Wanda clung to Clint, who walked her to her class. "Daddy I changed my mind," Wanda said, Clint got down to her height, "It'll be okay, your going to have alot of fun." He kissed her, then helped her with her book bag. "Hello, are you Wanda Barton," Wanda loooked, and saw her teacher, Miss Smith. Wanda nodded, and hid behind Clint. He coaxed her back out, saying, "Sweetheart it's your friend from Preschool, Lindsey." Wanda came out, and saw Lindsey. She got excited, and went with Lindsey to play, while she was distracted, Clint quickly spoke to the teacher, and left. Everything was fine until another student, Daniel told the teacher that Wanda knocked over the tower he had built. Miss Smith went over to where Wanda was, "Wanda did you knock over Daniel's tower?" Wanda got defensive, "No, he knocked mine over first." Miss Smith took both of them to seperate tables, "You may sit here until you can apologize to eachother." Wanda angrily slammed the table, and started throwing things on it. "WANDA," Miss Smith was firm, "do I need to tell daddy your being naughty?" Wanda started crying, and shook her head, she went to a corner by herself, and sat there sulking. After a while, "Wanda, it's time for math," Miss Smith was talking to her. Wanda came out, and sat down next to Lindsey, after math was reading, and writing. Then they went to eat lunch. Wanda sat next to Lindsey, and then they went to recess. When that was done, they did Science, then went to P.E. After P.E. they had a snack, and then were allowed to do art, or play until their parents came to pick them up. When Clint got there to pick up Wanda, she was playing, so Miss. Smith told him about earlier. Clint was upset that she acted like that, he went over to her, "Wanda," he said. "Daddy," she got excited, Clint hugged her, ''were you naughty today?" Wanda knew she had been, and she nodded her head. He then spoke to her about being nice to her classmates, "Wanda your with other kids now, and you need to share, and be nice. You can't be knocking people's tower over," and as Daniel was still there, made her go and apologize. "Daniel I'm sorry for knocking your tower over," Wanda said, "It's okay," Daniel responded. "Now say sorry to Miss. Smith for having a tantrum," Clint took her to the teacher, "Miss Smith I'm sorry for having a tantrum." Miss Smith smiled and got down on her height. "I appreciate you saying sorry, next time that happens come to me and say, 'Miss Smith Daniel knocked my tower down,' then you wouldn't get into trouble okay?" Wanda said ok, and they left. At home Clint told Laura what had happened, and they decided since it was her first day, to let it slide. Then Lila walkd through the door, and Wanda got super excited, "LILA!" Lila smiled and picked Wanda up, then Cooper came in, and Clint could tell something was wrong. He went to Cooper, and they talked for a while, then Cooper went upstairs to do homework.