New York

"The baby, keep it".

"No, I haven't yet decided, I know we're both not on the same page here. You're not ready for such a responsibility and I don't want—"

"Forget about me. If you think you're ready then you are, I will definitely learn. And if you think you're not ready, we'll learn together", he interrupted me, finally finishing up getting dressed. He wore a fine black fitted t-shirt, holding his upper body so well and some black sweatpants, since we would come back to sleep any time, he wore comfortable. I did the same.

Where was all of this coming from? I stared at him from across the room in shock, utter shock. Did he just really change his mind? It wasn't even a day since he spoke about abortion not being a problem. That was literally like two-three hours ago.

"No, you're kidding. You're only saying that for my sake", I chuckled nodding my head to disagree. Dominic, he was too much, he was doing way too much for me. I didn't need this, I never even deserved any of it.

"Unfortunately no. It's not because you love babies. But you were able to make me see things differently, this should be something to celebrate about. Maybe the reason I never wanted children so early was because I feared they would go through what I went through", he took a sigh, massaging his forehead as he sat on a single sofa. I sat down on the edge of the bed, watching him and letting him know he could continue and that I was listening.

"Growing up, I was with my mother majority of the time, my father wasn't ready for a child, they were both quite young when they had me. Most of my memories, I did things with my mom, so my father and I don't have the exact strong relationship I wish we could have. My dad wasn't ready for me, only my mom was and she sacrificed so much like work just for me, and I knew how much she loved working something as small as being a waitress. I didn't want you to feel like I would be neglecting you and my child. I wanted the right time. But then I realized there's never a right time", he explained. Dominic was actually opening up.

"You would never neglect me, I know that. And I know you wouldn't do that to our child either", I reassured him. He raised his head and looked up at me with a smile. A genuine one.

"You trust me more than I trust myself", he laughed.

"Because I believe you. You wouldn't ever do something to hurt me".

He looked outside towards the balcony, his eyes almost softening and glowing with liquid. Tears?

"You want it to be a boy?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" I laughed getting to my feet and walking towards him, taking a sit on his right lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist, as I put mine around his neck.

"You mentioned wanting a boy for a first born some years back, I think you were seventeen, the time we met and had nothing to talk about so we began saying where we saw each of ourselves in ten years", he laughed at me. I felt my face heat up immediately.

"What are you doing remembering that?" I laughed with him. His eyes drifted towards my lips, something he did a lot when I was laughing or when he wanted to kiss me.

"Well my head isn't big for nothing", he smiled proudly.

"Everything is big.... Like your ears", I said, quickly adding the last part, realizing after I said the first sentence that there was no way of making it sound not as dirty as I didn't intend it to.

"Really? What else is big?" He grabbed my hips and pulled my body closer to his.

"Your ego".

"Ego? Do I have an ego?"