✈𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐯𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬

"You knew" Swan sighed at Rooster's confirmation "Since when?"

"Last night"

"Did you know about Schneider too?" she didn't have a chance to answer "Of course you knew. You always know everything"

"Brad...."

"Rooster" Maverick's voice cut her off. Looking back she saw him a few meters behind them "Bradley"

"Try not to pick a fight with him inside the base" She begged quietly.

"Lieutenant Bradshaw" Rooster stopped walking and turned towards Maverick.

Swan also stopped worried that something would get out of hand. She remembered the anger Rooster felt when he found out Maverick had invalidated his papers for the naval academy. It was the biggest fight the two had ever had.  After that day, Rooster cut off all contact with Maverick.  Four years later he managed to get into the academy with her.

"Yes, sir?"

"Let's not act like this" he asked

"Will you eject me from the program?"

"It will depend on you. Not me"

"So, dismissed?"

"Bradley, please" Maverick tried to insist, taking another step forward "I want to set things right"

"To set things right?" Rooster growled also taking a step  "You delayed my life. I lost four years because of you"

Afraid of the worst, Swan squeezed herself between them pushing their chest.

"This is not the place for you to do that"  she faced Rooster giving him one more push "Go to your plane. Go!" Doing what she said, he left huffing.  After a second, she turned to the man facing her "And you, Captain Mitchell, here you are our instructor. Don't want to mix your problems with your work"

"Nicky....."

"It's Swan. Or Lieutenant Lewis" she said not raising her voice realizing that some pilots were watching them. She thought they'd gotten enough attention "You'd better prepare yourself too. Captain"

His jaw muscle jumped as he looked at her from behind his sunglasses. Reluctantly and without showing much of his dissatisfaction, he turned his back and walked away.

Swan closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She didn't want things to be this way. To her, they were all that was left of her family. It was difficult and painful to have them fighting and distancing themselves.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me" Rooster growled pulling her to him as she passed in front of him. Her jet next to his "How can you talk to him after what he's done?"

"Cause I know his reason"  Rooster took off his glasses, staring at her gapingly. One more thing he didn't know because she hid it.

"And won't you tell me?"